New Everton Stadium

Said this a while back but worth reiterating, I can't see anyone shelling out 500 million to buy a stadium with one natural tenant. Without a football club it's hard to see how it makes the return that investors would look for. That means they would be held to ransom by us as much as we would by them. When calculating the risks what would happen if we did decide to leave might make it a no go if they aren't confident bagging 7/8/9+ huge gigs per year.

If the RS did try to swoop in for it then we would almost certainly get Anfield and whilst we wouldn't be happy, it would pale into comparison to how they feel when the seats turn blue there. I'm thinking the fan reaction stops that dead.
They would buy BMD and have the ladies side play there - assuming they are not allowed to raise the roof and expand it which I fully expect they would be allowed to. Puts the nail in us for once and for all.

They can afford it and would mean ‘the city is theirs’.

Holy s**t!! What happened to this page. A bore draw against a team challenging at the top of the table and everyone's got the shotgun in their mouth!

The Wolves result was a horror show, and we lost to Tottenham and Man City. Since then we've tightened up despite missing key players. Not great, but not end of days stuff.

Have I missed some critical news about our club's future??

They would buy BMD and have the ladies side play there - assuming they are not allowed to raise the roof and expand it which I fully expect they would be allowed to. Puts the nail in us for once and for all.

They can afford it and would mean ‘the city is theirs’.

They couldn't afford it and wouldn't want to leave Anfield anyhow.

Honestly i cant see us moving into Analfield ever being a valid option. Ill park this along with Danjumas flights from Liverpool to Manchester as being a joke.
Realistically i dont think Liverpool would want BMD, although they may be well jell about the iconic location, while they fester at Stanley Park...... expansion opportunities are limited at BMD due to site constraints. They are not going to want to drop capacity by 10k.

As I said I don't think them moving to BMD is a starter so no we won't be moving to Anfield. However if in an alternate reality they did and we'd already flattened Goodison then it would be folly to think we wouldn't move there, else we have to build a whole new stadium for much more than what it would cost to buy the land. For as much as it's theirs remember we won our first league title at that ground. And just for the bantz of defacing all that's there it would be worth it. All moot though as it should never happen.

Holy s**t!! What happened to this page. A bore draw against a team challenging at the top of the table and everyone's got the shotgun in their mouth!

The Wolves result was a horror show, and we lost to Tottenham and Man City. Since then we've tightened up despite missing key players. Not great, but not end of days stuff.

Oh, just seen the PSR breach news 🤦‍♂️.

The doom and gloom makes more sense now 😞

No that's coming later on today :dance:

The lenders will reschedule the debt in the hope we get promoted. Otherwise if we go bust they will get 10p in the pound

but what lenders mate? without switching threads if we owe 777 money to cover what ever as we don’t have any and that falls through so far it looks it

how do we fund this and fund the actual club?
not to mention administration

but what lenders mate? without switching threads if we owe 777 money to cover what ever as we don’t have any and that falls through so far it looks it

how do we fund this and fund the actual club?
not to mention administration
Moshiri is still the owner. We'd sell players, and use the money to keep the club going, including reduced debt payments

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back