New Everton Stadium

I'm still confused about those black panels between the brick work. Are they staying like that or will they all have those industrial windows fitted? In fact, in some shots it looks like the black is some kind of plastic wrap which is peeled off (might be my eyes). And I still cannot understand the wasted space on that level above the concourses at both ends. The sort of roof where the bricks end at both ends.

Is it worth the hassle?

Tainted by Moshiri.

We are guilty of not building a new stadium sooner. If we hadn’t gone down this path we'd have seen all our rivals eventually build bigger stadiums/expand and our status reduced accordingly as we live by name alone with a decreasing like for like budget (as seen by all the clubs tightening their belts due to psr now).

We have been hit hard by a period of instability that wasn't immediately on the cards when we started the project. Crap happens. If we need to go a step backwards to be able to go two steps forward then we have to accept it.

We are guilty of not building a new stadium sooner. If we hadn’t gone down this path we'd have seen all our rivals eventually build bigger stadiums/expand and our status reduced accordingly as we live by name alone with a decreasing like for like budget (as seen by all the clubs tightening their belts due to psr now).

We have been hit hard by a period of instability that wasn't immediately on the cards when we started the project. Crap happens. If we need to go a step backwards to be able to go two steps forward then we have to accept it.

Absolutely. Contrary to popular belief, we will not be disappearing off the face of the planet as a football club. This stadium must be finished at all costs. We wouldn't be the first big club to tumble down the leagues, but even if we do, we will be back.

Sell the entire squad if we have to.

Absolutely. Contrary to popular belief, we will not be disappearing off the face of the planet as a football club. This stadium must be finished at all costs. We wouldn't be the first big club to tumble down the leagues, but even if we do, we will be back.

Sell the entire squad if we have to.

I think you'll find all the clubs that are relegated are condemned to stay in the lower divisions forever. I mean just look at Villa, devastated them to the point they have much better players than us. Still they are lower than us in the table our 17th trumps their lowly 3rd place.

I think you'll find all the clubs that are relegated are condemned to stay in the lower divisions forever. I mean just look at Villa, devastated them to the point they have much better players than us. Still they are lower than us in the table our 17th trumps their lowly 3rd place.
Leicester’s current team is better (or at least substantially more dynamic) than the one that got them relegated.

It will smart, but it’s not the end.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back