New Everton Stadium

….no. I wonder if it’s internal infrastructure stuff. He did indicate that budget for general running of the club is ridiculously tight, nothing new being bought.

I just can't see what would be transferable in the short term. Like you say some internal items perhaps but surely they would be needed at Goodison?

Seems like could be another one of those stories that have grown legs.

I can't believe anyone is bothered by walls in the blue half of the city. I for one am happy and proud to accommodate and incorporate the heritage of our fine city in our new stadium and it's surroundings.
The negativity by some regarding the wall is baffling. I'm sure there are some kind of structures near Goodison that are even closer to the stadium and are even taller than that wall. I'm sure they are called something like hoses. Hooses? Howzers? Oh yeah - HOUSES!!

I just can't see what would be transferable in the short term. Like you say some internal items perhaps but surely they would be needed at Goodison?

Chairs, desks, computers… plenty of back office stuff would be readily and sensibly transferable - but yes, it wouldn’t be yet.

The negativity by some regarding the wall is baffling. I'm sure there are some kind of structures near Goodison that are even closer to the stadium and are even taller than that wall. I'm sure they are called something like hoses. Hooses? Howzers? Oh yeah - HOUSES!!

If there was a fan base in the city that had an issue with walls, I didn't expect to be us!!

Not to mention the massive wall that goes from Goodison Road all the way around to the Bullens and blocks out the bottom half of the Park End!!

I'm sure I read Meis wanted to use the actual latticework at BMD but that's obviously very difficult to do as we're still utilising Goodison while BMD is being tested. Maybe the transferable items are just cosmetic and can be added at some point in the year(s) after we leave GP?

I'm sure I read Meis wanted to use the actual latticework at BMD but that's obviously very difficult to do as we're still utilising Goodison while BMD is being tested. Maybe the transferable items are just cosmetic and can be added at some point in the year(s) after we leave GP?

Exactly. That doesn't suit the narrative that we are so skint that we have to repurpose loads of stuff from Goodison though.

If we bought last year say 50 industrial kettles that are fine to do a job at BMD then it would be kind of sensible to bring them across - I still don't see that happening, like you say we'll be having test events whilst we are still playing at Goodison.

Should bid to have a uefa final there - eg conference league
Should have a good shout at hosting the Europa league final. The new stadium capacity is around what uefa seem to look for in a stadium to host it.
Seems like uefa are keeping the finals of the conference league to host countries with weaker domestic leagues so wouldn't expect to ever get that final at Bramley Moore

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back