New Everton Stadium

Saw something today about them consulting with Sefton council about transport to the new stadium

Sandhills station is pretty close to the new stadium already, in fact it is closer than goodison park and is less than 1 mile from the new stadium so you could walk it comfortably in about 20 mins. They also put soccer busses on from Sandhills on match days anyway so I presume they will just continue to do this.

Anyone know what else they may be planning to do for transport links to the new stadium?
Think it is easier to get to the new place from Bootle and surrounding areas by public transport than it is to Goodison. I don't get it, to be honest. That said, it did mention carpark facilities at the Strand and a shuttle bus for people who park up there. That might be a good idea, to be fair.

Think it is easier to get to the new place from Bootle and surrounding areas by public transport than it is to Goodison. I don't get it, to be honest. That said, it did mention carpark facilities at the Strand and a shuttle bus for people who park up there. That might be a good idea, to be fair.

Hmm it’s a 7 minute journey from bootle new strand. Guess you’d get off at bootle new strand station or drive there and then walk to the transport hub near the train station that will be built specifically to offer transport to the stadium and then you can get on a shuttle bus to the stadium.

It's easier for most people in Bootle to walk to Goodison than it is to travel to Bramley Moore IMO.

It does...

Modus_jan24_everton-stadium_Header

It does...

Modus_jan24_everton-stadium_Header
What might have been with the Leitch pattern eh? Looks much more interesting than the end result imo.

Hmm it’s a 7 minute journey from bootle new strand. Guess you’d get off at bootle new strand station or drive there and then walk to the transport hub near the train station that will be built specifically to offer transport to the stadium and then you can get on a shuttle bus to the stadium.
True from lots of parts of Bootle, but not all of it. The plan is about public transport, though, and regards that BMD is far easier than GP. The 68 bus avoids County Road on a match day to miss the traffic. Crackers. As for other areas around there, it's a no-brainer. Bus and train to the new place is far easier than to Goodison.

I might take a bit of weathering before it stands out?
Maybe, but I didn't really notice it when peering in from the gates last summer.

I did notice that some of the panels do look lighter than others with the naked eye, which I hope will even out with more weathering. I just think a more prominent pattern would have given the brick panels a more unified appearance.

Thought the ‘water effect’ paving over the footprint of the old dock was a bit gimmicky when I first saw the video of them talking about it, but the more of it going in, the more I think it’s a really nice and surprisingly effective detail.
Does it extend all the way to the main entrance to stadium do we know?
Sorry to be thick.

Is the 'Water effect' paving the one thats like grey and white mixed in pattern? See below;

1717143517399.png

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back