New Everton Stadium

Maybe to do with the fact that the two end stands are steel structures but the sides are concrete? I'm sure somebody with structural engineering knowledge will have the answer.
Those movement joints are positioned to seperate the north and south stands from the east and west.

As I understand it, all the stands have been designed to be independent from each other, mainly due to the risk of differential settlement caused by the silt material that was left in place before the dock was infilled.

The north and south stands straddle the old dockside AND the infill so there is a risk that these would settle differently compared to the east and west which sit wholly within the infilled dock area.

The more I watch these drone videos and see the beautiful stadium taking shape, the more I realise just what an absolute stunner she is.

I know there are differing opinions and everyone has their own style preferences. Most of us would have liked the stadium to have had a slightly bigger capacity. But looking at the recently extended Anfield and comparing the two, I know which one I like more even accounting for my blue tinted specs. Some comparisons below...

Screenshot_20240413_111720_Google.jpg

Ours

Screenshot_20240603_100147_Google.jpg

Theirs

Screenshot_20240603_095626_Google.jpg

Ours

Screenshot_20240603_095746_Google.jpg

Theirs

Screenshot_20240603_095320_Google.jpg

Ours

Screenshot_20240603_095103_Google.jpg

Theirs

Screenshot_20240603_100511_Google.jpg

Ours

Screenshot_20230728_113234_Google.jpg

Theirs

Some subtle aesthetic differences, but I'm sure you'll agree that BMD probably just shades it 😉

The more I watch these drone videos and see the beautiful stadium taking shape, the more I realise just what an absolute stunner she is.

I know there are differing opinions and everyone has their own style preferences. Most of us would have liked the stadium to have had a slightly bigger capacity. But looking at the recently extended Anfield and comparing the two, I know which one I like more even accounting for my blue tinted specs. Some comparisons below...

View attachment 259405
Ours

View attachment 259406
Theirs

View attachment 259407
Ours

View attachment 259408
Theirs

View attachment 259409
Ours

View attachment 259410
Theirs

View attachment 259411
Ours

View attachment 259412
Theirs

Some subtle aesthetic differences, but I'm sure you'll agree that BMD probably just shades it 😉
Their ground is Frankensteins monster...and absolute abomination.

Anfield: without a shadow of a doubt they ugliest most expensive ground in the PL.

They've ruined it since we left...and that was only built out of balsa wood.

Anyone notice that in the past six months or so the cult have started releasing pics of Snake Mountain with the Mersey in the background.

They aren't worried though.
Oh I mentioned that almost 2 years ago mate....

Some of you will know the US sports custom of hanging the (supersized) jerseys of retired great players from the rafters of their stadium or otherwise displaying their names around the stadium in a ‘Ring of Honour’. How would we feel about doing this at BMD to honour our Hall of Fame players? Big Nev guarding the home (North) goal. Dixie intimidating opposing defences rising high above the away (North) goal. Kendall, Harvey, Ball patrolling midfield. Thoughts?
With cheesy asending ice hockey organ music too ?

I'm in.

View attachment 259405
Ours

View attachment 259406
Theirs

View attachment 259407
Ours

View attachment 259408
Theirs

View attachment 259409
Ours

View attachment 259410
Theirs

View attachment 259411
Ours

View attachment 259412
Theirs

No comparison , red one built like a warehouse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back