New Everton Stadium

From the latest update. Some image that. Reminds me of the old Wembley.

1717434825504.webp

Looking great in latest vids! Just a quick question and it’s probably been covered before-. With the rail seating being 1:1 is there any reason why rail seating hasn’t been installed in the upper South Stand? I thought the plan was for our “blue wall” to be all rail seating?. Could it be changed in future or is the upper south stand terrace a different tread / riser than the south lower? Thanks.

I've read this before. So if you're an Evertonian and your seat is in the North Strand, where are your turnstiles? Also, is it right that you can walk virtually right round the stadium concourse apart from the away fans section?

Look I know you’re excited for the new stadium but you keep asking dramatic questions which, with a bit of critical thinking, have obvious answers to.

Looking great in latest vids! Just a quick question and it’s probably been covered before-. With the rail seating being 1:1 is there any reason why rail seating hasn’t been installed in the upper South Stand? I thought the plan was for our “blue wall” to be all rail seating?. Could it be changed in future or is the upper south stand terrace a different tread / riser than the south lower? Thanks.
I agree totally on this. Really does need rail seating in the upper. People were sold on a Blue Wall not a third of a Blue Wall.

You want the team attacking the South Stand with the full stand on its feet as often as possible roaring them on. All you're going to have is 24 rows stood, miles from the roof with the upper all sat.

Not all 13k is probably going to want to stand all match. Soon as you get some that don't within a standing section then their view is gone, so they're giving people an option. Also the number is limited due to the design of the stadium and the rake of the terracing, the upper I think goes beyond the allowed limit and the side stand upper tiers (which also have the same rake) to be in-line with the South's.

If it becomes very popular and oversubscribed then you would think the North lower will get rail seats too.

Shouldn't be asking questions on here, mate. You'll get a telling off.

It seems like the club and architects have been very reluctant to go all-in on a larger capacity stadium. I think they're saying that there could be an expansion, but it would probably be a pretty intensive undertaking, and they'd rather settle for the ~53k for a few years until the revenue has paid the stadium off.

They would need to swap out the rails/seats for proper safe standing ones that fit almost flat to the back of the terracing. These would probably be OK for a small increase 1:1.2 or 3 but no more than that.
I think we'd need to wait for safe standing to become a return to terracing by the looks of it. I'm thinking if a row seats 25, you might get 30 in the same space stood up. Perhaps?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back