New Everton Stadium

I’m not sure the back rows of BMD are the same (or very close) as the back row of the RS new stand?

Do you mean you think it is smaller or bigger? I have the height of both on paper - well screenshot of the technical data.

I have to use my rudimentary maths skills to subtract a couple of numbers but I think I'm more or less capable of doing that. I could use a calculator to get an exact number if you'd like.:)

Do you mean you think it is smaller or bigger? I have the height of both on paper - well screenshot of the technical data.

I have to use my rudimentary maths skills to subtract a couple of numbers but I think I'm more or less capable of doing that. I could use a calculator to get an exact number if you'd like.:)
I would’ve thought the back row of BMD wouldn’t be as high?

The fact that the vast majority of them are a very similar seating capacity to BMD should tell you they’ll be of a similar size/height though?

I haven't checked their capacity, I'm referring to the size of the stadiums. They all look much bigger internally. Like I said maybe it's an illusion, but when you see BM and see these stadiums they look far bigger.

I haven't checked their capacity, I'm referring to the size of the stadiums. They all look much bigger internally. Like I said maybe it's an illusion, but when you see BM and see these stadiums they look far bigger.
The stadium England played in tonight, Eintracht Frankfurts ground, is just about the same seating capacity as BMD.

BMD back row is slightly higher, presumably because it’s steeper.

In general, if the capacities are similar, the structure is going to be similar size too.

A lot also came from across the river on the Wirral from bebington quarry ..
Bebington quarry is now storeton woods and that is what the old railway lines in the woods are..
I grew up around the area and never knew this till I was on a visit to New York and was waiting to go up the Empire State Building and starting reading the info/history plaques and it says that it used quarried rock from Bebington quarry !!

Blew me away that they shipped it across the Atlantic !

Not stadium related sorry guys 😂
Don’t care that it’s a bit of a deviation from the stadium topic - that was some fascinating info, and I’ve just felt compelled to note the wife by passing it on! 😆 I’ve been up the Empire State but never read that info (I was 20 at the time and probably only interested in the view and whether I could overcome my fear of heights). I’ve bored people to tears telling them that Central Park in New York was based off Birkenhead Park - now I’ve got some additional info to really push them over the edge!

I would’ve thought the back row of BMD wouldn’t be as high?

BM is 30.74m to the top of the bowl. The AR stand is 36.09 to the top of its roof. That is at least 4m above the last row, could be 5m. So at largest it will be 32.09m and less than a metre and a half taller, but could be as little as 35cm taller if it was 5.

I'll let you decide, how many metres do you think from the marked point is to the top of the terracing.

Screenshot_20240620_214651_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
BM is 30.74m to the top of the bowl. The AR stand is 36.09 to the top of its roof. That is at least 4m above the last row, could be 5m. So at largest it will be 32.09m and less than a metre and a half taller, but could be as little as 35cm taller if it was 5.

I'll let you decide, how many meters do you think from the marked point is to the top of the terracing.

View attachment 261614
Its funny, b ut even that little section of the stand still looks like one massive turd

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back