New Everton Stadium

There's enough heritage down there everywhere you look. We are right at the forefront of it.

If they added a tunnel like that it would constantly be daubed by the idiots over the park.
It's a firm no from me Dave.
Daubed by Liverpool players? 🤷‍♂️

I'm talking about the tunnel that leads to the pitch.

That tunnel at Schalke's ground is a nod to the local mining community that many of their supporters come from. It looks terrible like, but are we going to have a nod in the direction of the port of Liverpool as a way of doing something similar?

That'd be a good idea and further marginalise the Kopites as a club in the inner burbs whose nearest tributary is the River Alt.

Do one of them tunnels like in an aquarium where the critters are swimming over your head

Daubed by Liverpool players? 🤷‍♂️

I'm talking about the tunnel that leads to the pitch.
Not sure we need that given the external environment, the surrounding area is a living monument to our past (both bad and good) - it’s a dichotomy isn’t it? You yourself have said that the stadium is so-so but the location is amazing, but obviously what comes with that are the echoes from the past,

Not sure we need that given the external environment, the surrounding area is a living monument to our past (both bad and good) - it’s a dichotomy isn’t it? You yourself have said that the stadium is so-so but the location is amazing, but obviously what comes with that are the echoes from the past,
Well, yeah. That's another way of viewing it.

But I dont see any harm in carrying the theme on in our tunnel. Make it all about us representing the city. That would be the purpose. It'd drive the Kopites round the 'kin bend for one thing, but it'd also emphasis to the opposition this is our territory.

Let's put it this way: it;ll be decorated a certain way anyway, may as well weaponise it in our favour.

It’s a pity there isn’t a nod of some sort to the musical heritage of the city ….I appreciate sport and music very rarely tend to mix, but acknowledging the city’s musical heritage to some degree would feel (for me at least) like we are also celebrating the city we as a club were born in

Well, yeah. That's another way of viewing it.

But I dont see any harm in carrying the theme on in our tunnel. Make it all about us representing the city. That would be the purpose. It'd drive the Kopites round the 'kin bend for one thing, but it'd also emphasis to the opposition this is our territory.

Let's put it this way: it;ll be decorated a certain way anyway, may as well weaponise it in our favour.
I’ve just said the same thing but spun the angle of the city’s musical heritage

Yeah. Make sure we have a vice-like grip on the city.

After all that Klopp bollocks about doing it for "the club and the city" it'd be a great sting in the tail.
There used to be a show on ITV (I think) called ‘The Rock and Goal Years’….it would be interesting if we could do something like that in and around the ground e.g. years we won something and best selling singles for the city etc (although I do take exception to anything by Sonia or the Reynolds Girls) 😄

There used to be a show on ITV (I think) called ‘The Rock and Goal Years’….it would be interesting if we could do something like that in and around the ground e.g. years we won something and best selling singles for the city etc (although I do take exception to anything by Sonia or the Reynolds Girls) 😄
I'd rather Jack.

Could be a great chant for Harrison.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back