New Everton Stadium

With all the vent talk recently I took a look at the Allianz Arena & it also has uneven vents in its cladding. There's are higher up though so better hidden from ground level. The O2 Arena has a mahoosive vent too. Been a blot on many great designs way before our build but nobody really cares & are easily looked past.
View attachment 265138View attachment 265139
yea, It's definitely nit picking and probably because most of the time I'm seeing it from drone shots. Might have been an idea to put them higer like the Allianz arena. The O2 kinda has a deathstar thing going on.

Call me naive, but I dont think we would do that.
Given our perilous financial position, I don’t think we were in a position not to do it.

I would be amazed if there haven’t been design changes or compromises adopted, to cut costs and protect the available budget.

Cost overruns due to design clashes, changes and discovery often happen on projects. When the client hits financial difficulty, cost control and hopefully reduction, become the absolute priority.

Value engineering is the fancy name for it. It can work ok if the design team still make the decisions and advise the cost consultants, game over if the cost consultants have been given control with a brief to cut costs.

It will be blue emulsion in the boardroom, rather than historic Everton inspired, embossed satin wall-covering.

I really do hope you’re right, it would certainly make Moshiri the bravest / craziest (delete to suit) accountant ever.

Given our perilous financial position, I don’t think we were in a position not to do it.

I would be amazed if there haven’t been design changes or compromises adopted, to cut costs and protect the available budget.

Cost overruns due to design clashes, changes and discovery often happen on projects. When the client hits financial difficulty, cost control and hopefully reduction, become the absolute priority.

Value engineering is the fancy name for it. It can work ok if the design team still make the decisions and advise the cost consultants, game over if the cost consultants have been given control with a brief to cut costs.

It will be blue emulsion in the boardroom, rather than historic Everton inspired, embossed satin wall-covering.

I really do hope you’re right, it would certainly make Moshiri the bravest / craziest (delete to suit) accountant ever.
Ah, I re-read your post and you are right, for sure some minor things and largely comestic things will potentially be scaled back in the short term.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back