New Everton Stadium

Here is a question. What is the black tarp on the pitch for? Is a mark not to dig deeper when stripping the pitch in the future? Will more dirt be piled on and then the grass seeded?
Weed blocker maybe...there's weed seed (No Tommye, not THAT one) everywhere in that dirt that either blows in or is brought in by feet/equipment tires etc; don't want it germinating and causing havok with the turf. That's my guess anyhow.

Here is a question. What is the black tarp on the pitch for? Is a mark not to dig deeper when stripping the pitch in the future? Will more dirt be piled on and then the grass seeded?
It's a geotextile and welded geomembrane.

Take a look at this webpage. https://www.water-products.co.uk/

And this video of it here (albeit in the construction of a sand paddock)

The plastic crates they're installing will be infilled with aggregate and then the pitch laid on top. I believe it all forms part of the rainwater harvesting system that was installed so any rainwater that's not absorbed by the pitch will be directed to the rainwater harvesting tank for re-use.

The crates also provide a void below which i expect will form part of the heated pitch system where warm air can be blown beneath to prevent freezing.

Look at this, some clown from the [Poor language removed] has tried to deface the stadium with graffiti 😱

Attachments

• 20240801_144725.webp
    20240801_144725.webp
    486.6 KB · Views: 6
Look at this, some clown from the [Poor language removed] has tried to deface the stadium with graffiti 😱
Report it to the club. Last thing we want is that being clad over and left there.

There will be cameras all over the site so hopefully LoR will be able to pin point the whopper who did it and sack him.

I'm sure there will be other stuff that will come out once it's finished.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back