New Everton Stadium

I have to ask the question again: 'Why would the club decide to not take those two statues with them to the new stadium?'

I mean, they're forever bigging up the fact that the Leach criss-crosses are integrated on the new site. Why is that bit of history relevant and our greatest ever player and best ever midfield trio not relevant to us and our history?

They really are maddening.
Yeah doesn’t make sense…two great statues as well. I do wonder if the club has got too much focus on legacy (because it can surely be a economic consideration)….its great that they want a reminder we played there but those statues shouldn’t be it. They should come with us.

The whole point of that development is that the club maintains a presence, through reminders of it's historical ties, or continued interaction with the community through its charitable arm.
They dont need two statues that every supporter likes either to meet up at or visit to achieve that.

Besides, most people will use a matchday to commune there...if its not at the docks then its a long haul up to Walton for it.

It cant be defended.

I have to ask the question again: 'Why would the club decide to not take those two statues with them to the new stadium?'

I mean, they're forever bigging up the fact that the Leach criss-crosses are integrated on the new site. Why is that bit of history relevant and our greatest ever player and best ever midfield trio not relevant to us and our history?

Well they’re statues of club legends who played there right? Why shouldn’t they stay if there’s going to be some sort of legacy development once we’re in BMD?
There’s nothing stopping new statues being commissioned at BMD, could even be duplicates.
If there isn’t going to be any legacy development then I agree, would be odd and likely out of place in whatever it becomes.

Not 1 of those players played at Bramley Moore. They are fine where they are as part of the ongoing legacy of the site.

In fact, i think there should be an influx of other legends statues around the site, both in the lead up and following our relocation.

Pictures, murals, signs etc, are all part of the continuing legacy of Everton, and i for 1 am glad that the area will be still be a historical landmark and not just another bunch of shops etc.

The holy trinity graced Goodison park. The football club may move to Bramley more, but the spirit of our past will always be on goodison road. They should stay were they are in my humble opinion.

In the end i dont think there will be much of a legacy left behind which is sad,affordable houses will be built which is great.statues will be vandalised.take them with us they are Everton not Goodison.

…agree, I think the legacy will be the memories that we all have inside of us. A tinge of nostalgia when you drive past the location but the film clips and photos of the Old Lady will always be there.

#Move the statues to BMD.

Here is another question for you all.

What are they going to do with the canal they are now excavation? Are they going to reinforce it with concrete?

How large is the footprint of the canal? I think they are putting in railings that looks like it extends to a point towards the media center.

And the north end of the canal is dammed by rubble which differs from the steal plate dam on the south, why? Are they going to seal the North end to reinforce the canal with concrete if that's the plan.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back