New Everton Stadium

It's important those statues are brought to Bramley Moore, their rightful new home.

I can't think of any reason why this cannot or should not happen.
Just my personal opinion I think the statues should be kept at the Goodison site / area as it was those player's stomping ground and where they wrote themselves into Everton's history. I would like replicas of the statues at BM though. Maybe a better version of the Holy Trinity statue

Anyone doubting the wisdom of bringing stuff from Goodison to the dock stadium should read all about how other club's fans craved for such 'furniture' to be moved to their new stadiums: the City and Arsenal supporters found the move to new surroundings very disorienting in their first few seasons. The Arsenal fans were helped by the clock at the Clock End being brought to the Emirates - part of an 'Arsenalisation' process at the new stadium.

When fans move stadiums there's a rupturing that takes place and the taking of familiar furniture like statues and the like are a way of making that rupture less painful in the initial transfer years.

This alienation is a real thing and we should anticipate it happening to Evertonians at the new stadium. We're no different to other fans that make this move. To leave behind the Holy Trinity and Dean statues is purblind. We need to establish quickly a sense of place at the dock stadium, so bringing stuff like this with us - and more besides - can help in that respect.

This is a decent - not overly academic - article that underlines all this.

Anyone doubting the wisdom of bringing stuff from Goodison to the dock stadium should read all about how other club's fans craved for such 'furniture' to be moved to their new stadiums: the City and Arsenal supporters found the move to new surroundings very disorienting in their first few seasons. The Arsenal fans were helped by the clock at the Clock End being brought to the Emirates - part of an 'Arsenalisation' process at the new stadium.

When fans move stadiums there's a rupturing that takes place and the taking of familiar furniture like statues and the like are a way of making that rupture less painful in the initial transfer years.

This alienation is a real thing and we should anticipate it happening to Evertonians at the new stadium. We're no different to other fans that make this move. To leave behind the Holy Trinity and Dean statues is purblind. We need to establish quickly a sense of place at the dock stadium, so bringing stuff like this with us - and more besides - can help in that respect.

There is no right or wrong, only personal preference.

They should stay at Goodison, IMO.

The holy trinity graced Goodison park. The football club may move to Bramley more, but the spirit of our past will always be on goodison road. They should stay were they are in my humble opinion.
Dixie Dean and the holy trinity graced Everton Football Club.

If you move from a house that was your family home for generations, do you leave the photo of your grandparents there? No, you take it with you because they're part of the family, not the house.

Could we not have like-for-like replicas of the statues around the new ground, keeping the originals in situ?

Could we not have like-for-like replicas of the statues around the new ground, keeping the originals in situ?
Why not do it the other way around?

We've just shipped parts of a stadium from Ireland to build a stadium at the docks. Surely it doesn't take much to shift a couple of copper statues from Walton to Regent Road?

Thank heavens for the nod to our past and familiarity that the leitch pattern at BMD will bring eh Dave?

Why not do it the other way around?

We've just shipped parts of a stadium from Ireland to build a stadium at the docks. Surely it doesn't take much to shift a couple of copper statues from Walton to Regent Road?
I'm all for that idea too, cant be that hard to cast something quickly and leave it at Goodison.

What did we have shipped from Ireland? I've had a few weeks away from keeping up with it all tbh.

Thank heavens for the nod to our past and familiarity that the leitch pattern at BMD will bring eh Dave?
That's the point though. It might not be to my taste but it's a move that will help achieve that - which presumably is part of the reason the club has done it. So why wouldn't they extend that logic and take our statues along too? The club aren't being consistent.

My gripe with the criss-cross buttressing references is that if you're trying to strike out at a new stadium then why make it more difficult for it by looking back to the old stadium in terms of design.

It's a nuanced argument.

I don't think it is an all or nothing situation but certainly some familiar things should be moved to BMD to immediately anchor the feeling that is the home of Everton.

The holy trinity statue is a relatively new addition to the Goodison landscape and imo could be moved whereas the Dixie Dean statue is a landmark for Goodison and should remain there.

However, a series of Statues to Everton 's greatest players at BMD would be something worth seeing imo.

I think the statues need to be looked at, always had the instinct that they should remain with the club and be part of its future personally.

Practically though I've long thought our planned vision for Goodison is a pipe dream, so i think the future of the site isn't going to be the glossy plans thing the club released.

Realistically who is going to pay for that development, the club barely survive month to month developing the stadium - they wont be doing another capital development project.

Therefore i don't want the statues outside what could be a disused stadium without up keep on a site that could lay dormant for years. They will become symbolic of the malaise and neglect.

I think the statues need to be looked at, always had the instinct that they should remain with the club and be part of its future personally.

Practically though I've long thought our planned vision for Goodison is a pipe dream, so i think the future of the site isn't going to be the glossy plans thing the club released.

Realistically who is going to pay for that development, the club barely survive month to month developing the stadium - they wont be doing it another capital development project.

Therefore i don't what the statues outside what could be a disused stadium without up keep on a site that could lay dormant for years. They will become symbolic of the malaise and neglect.
Mate, I have a feeling that it'll be demolished as quickly as possible for those reasons. While I hope the club develop it, it's likely going to be a private venture.

In terms of the statues, I think they should be brought with us to make BMD feel like our new home as quickly as possible, alongside a few new statues.

This man deserves one...

1722849418944.png

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back