New Everton Stadium

Mate, I have a feeling that it'll be demolished as quickly as possible for those reasons. While I hope the club develop it, it's likely going to be a private venture.

Been keeping a wide on it mate, the demolition was planned the third quarter of 2024 and to finish in 2028 - that time line isn't happening we know, there will be no quick resolution to the site i feel.

They should be moved to the new stadium as goodison will be gone, forget about it, it's just going to a few flats n shops, the two beautiful statues should be down glistening on the banks of the river next to a shiny new stadium, I've just laid my dad's funeral flowers on the holy trinity statue and if it had happened once we'd moved there no chance I'd be leaving them on a statue at the old goodison site

They should be moved to the new stadium as goodison will be gone, forget about it, it's just going to a few flats n shops, the two beautiful statues should be down glistening on the banks of the river next to a shiny new stadium, I've just laid my dad's funeral flowers on the holy trinity statue and if it had happened once we'd moved there no chance I'd be leaving them on a statue at the old goodison site
This makes sense to me.

I imagine a major part of the reason why people scatter ashes / leave flowers at Goodison is because it connects their loved ones to the living present of the football club.

We need to learn from the alienation felt by other fans when they left their old stadiums. Why would we dismiss or ignore those lessons they learned and the knowledge they can pass onto us?

You can see how familiar objects would help ease the transition. And as others have pointed out, you cant leave anything around Goodison as they'll be either completely ignored, damaged or built over. That's all besides the point that a lot of people have those statues built into their remembrance of loved ones.

If a decision to leave them behind has been taken then it'll have to be reversed.

We need to learn from the alienation felt by other fans when they left their old stadiums. Why would we dismiss or ignore those lessons they learned and the knowledge they can pass onto us?

You can see how familiar objects would help ease the transition. And others have pointed out, you cant leave anything around Goodison as they'll be either completely ignored, damaged or built over. That's all besides the point that a lot of people have those statues built into their remembrance of loved ones.

If a decision to leave them behind has been taken then it'll have to be reversed.
As @tommye said, you have just spent the last few years moaning about the Archibald design getting carried over, so forgive me not really buying what you are selling.

As @tommye said, you have just spent the last few years moaning about the Archibald design getting carried over, so forgive me not really buying what you are selling.
Not remotely the same. If the club were bringing across the buttressing itself (as Sunderland I think did in their new stadium by sticking a section in the club museum), then that'd undermine what Ilm saying. But they're not doing that are they? They're using the criss-cross motif on railings and brickwork (allegedly it's on the brickwork in any case).

What I'm talking about is physical artefacts from the old stadium shifted to the new stadium.

Not remotely the same. If the club were bringing across the buttressing itself (as Sunderland I think did in their new stadium by sticking a section in the club museum), then that'd undermine what Ilm saying. But they're not doing that are they? They're using the criss-cross motif on railings and brickwork (allegedly it's on the brickwork in any case).

What I'm talking about is physical artefacts from the old stadium shifted to the new stadium.
Well we have no idea what the plans are for Goodison currently.

Any plans we did have will have changed.

So lets wait and see.

My thoughts are that Dixie and The 3 lads were part of Goodisons history and they should remain at Goodison, but if Goodison is just straight up demolished and houses built, then of course they should be moved.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back