New Everton Stadium

Low rise industrial units built 40 years ago are really land hungry, too. Low rise with surface car park, doesn't do it for me. It is literally a waste of space. There is not even any heritage issue here. On a similar but different note, I'd also flatten the Crowne Plaza hotel and replace it with something more in keeping with the scale of existing buildings and location. It might not be too old, but thankfully the city has moved on even within the last 20 years.

"The ground dominates the skyline" 🤔

Well yeah, something that big and ugly on top of a hill will dominate the skyline. Not the plus point that they imply.

Look at the lack of seams though.

572951_28864.jpg

At Brighton all the seats were cushioned. And a nice touch at Palace was all the staff serving ale / coffee etc wore t shirts of the visiting club.
Anyone else seen stuff at other grounds that we may incorporate? I like the massive Arsenal letters outside their ground. But ours should say Everton I think.
The Paris Olympic bell is a good idea for the water tower - but the fact it previously had an air raid signal should make it ideal for pre match noise.

Anfield looks like someone had trod on a shoe box full of jam btw.

At Brighton all the seats were cushioned. And a nice touch at Palace was all the staff serving ale / coffee etc wore t shirts of the visiting club.
Anyone else seen stuff at other grounds that we may incorporate? I like the massive Arsenal letters outside their ground. But ours should say Everton I think.
The Paris Olympic bell is a good idea for the water tower - but the fact it previously had an air raid signal should make it ideal for pre match noise.

Anfield looks like someone had trod on a shoe box full of jam btw.
Huge blue letters spelling out Everton FC. Ones that light up of a night time of course.

Last edited:

"Too prime" in want sense? Just because it's deemed Prime land it doesn't mean you just throw a load of apartments on there that sit half empty.

What make city centres great are it's attractions...Bars,restaurant and eateries...what the city of Liverpool does very well.

It's gentrification for the sake of it...oh and people taking bungs.
That space is prime for highrises and buildings of decent merit, all the businesses there could be accommodated down the road in Ten Streets and still flurish (possibly even doing better than they currently do). Ground floor retail spaces would also likely be in place so no doubt a good few places could remain on site.

I wouldn't say it's gentrification for the sake of it, that area has had various schemes for development for nearly 20 years so was only time till one actually cracked on. 5 years from now the area outside of BMD will be booming and many businesses will be made up to have moved nearby.

That space is prime for highrises and buildings of decent merit, all the businesses there could be accommodated down the road in Ten Streets and still flurish (possibly even doing better than they currently do). Ground floor retail spaces would also likely be in place so no doubt a good few places could remain on site.

I wouldn't say it's gentrification for the sake of it, that area has had various schemes for development for nearly 20 years so was only time till one actually cracked on. 5 years from now the area outside of BMD will be booming and many businesses will be made up to have moved nearby.
Having friends who work at both breweries I can say with a degree of confidence the sites on offer aren't by Ten streets..or close

Just for sake of friendly debate...How would,in your opinion high rise apartments be more beneficial to that little area as opposed to actual thriving businesses which are currently there.

Having friends who work at both breweries I can say with a degree of confidence the sites on offer aren't by Ten streets..or close

Just for sake of friendly debate...How would,in your opinion high rise apartments be more beneficial to that little area as opposed to actual thriving businesses which are currently there.

Because they’re small, cheap ugly looking buildings which hold no significant heritage to the surrounding area, which requires joint investment from the city centre to our stadium and has the potential to be much more.

They chances are they’ll lose a lot of business when others move into ten streets, it’s next to a Costco and home bargains.

NIMBY

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back