New Everton Stadium

Isn't the handover date 11 November with Everton to takeover responsibility for whatever needs doing afterwards? I'm assuming the club haven't publicly committed to a 'final' completion date and not sure we'd notice the difference externally, anyway.

The Everton Way stones will be the only visible work we will see externally.

Will there be a concrete base covering the whole area where the water will be, like the small section they have already created otherwise the water could sink under the sand and possibly under the stadium or is that wall they created going all the way down to the bottom of the dock, if that makes sense?

I would doubt it, if there was going to be a full concrete floor it would have been done in smaller pours like the first part closest to the piles.

That part will stop the water undermining in that area and I guess they aren't worried about the mid channel section.

Will there be a concrete base covering the whole area where the water will be, like the small section they have already created otherwise the water could sink under the sand and possibly under the stadium or is that wall they created going all the way down to the bottom of the dock, if that makes sense?
No, as the rest of it is part of the original dock and won't need it. The section that has been tanked (concreted) was done so as this section was within original dock and part of the infill. This was tanked to prevent any of the sand infill being washed away thus undermining the build.
The rest is the original dock/passage that's being reopened.

Inside where we cannot see ?

The original post I replied back to was saying they don't think the stadium will be finshed given the 11 weeks remaining. But we know Everton will be doing a lot of the fitting out after that date. So you could say everyone is right. There isn't a lot to do now externally and you can see the changes that took place from May to July to see how much can be achieved in that time.

The internals will also be more progressed than people think, with the restaurants, hospitality lounges and retail unit being the ones that the are more shell like.

I would have thought that’s happening in parallel to what LoR are doing….
No.
LOR will complete the build to a certain point. Different contractors will then do bar fit outs, kitchens, restaurants, shop fitting etc.
Then there's the office spaces, ticket offices, dressing rooms, all manner of bits and pieces gonna need sorting.
Then there's the test events to do.
The move in for next season thing makes more sense with every passing week.

If this new guy get's control;, reckon Dyche will be binned.
Me too. He has reportedly spoken glowingly of Glasner so I would think he’d be wanting a similar coach who adopts a similar style of play. Not possible with this group, but so there’d need to be a recruitment strategy to match

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back