New Everton Stadium

Are you trying to suggest that the wall is going to obstruct the view of the pitch?

In terms of the wall placement, i'm quite sure this will have all been discussed and there will be valid reasons for the approach taken.

I think you're doing the design team a disservice with comments like this.

I simply stated that it was flagged-up pretty much as soon as it was seen. I can't think of any other stadium that has negotiated corners with different raked tiers at an angle creating redundant viewing space. The effect might be only marginal for a relatively small number of seats, but there is a wall cutting across the perpendicular line of sight of some seats in that corner, and that is unusual. I'm not sure that original renders even showed an aisle in those corners, and now people are saying that some of the aisle-seats have now been removed. So, it could be a slight oversight. People in those corners will also have very limited views of the South Stand, which is supposed to be the centre-piece "Blue-Wall" stand..... whether that lessens the experience or not, might be subjective.

I simply stated that it was flagged-up pretty much as soon as it was seen. I can't think of any other stadium that has negotiated corners with different raked tiers at an angle creating redundant viewing space. The effect might be only marginal for a relatively small number of seats, but there is a wall cutting across the perpendicular line of sight of some seats in that corner, and that is unusual. I'm not sure that original renders even showed an aisle in those corners, and now people are saying that some of the aisle-seats have now been removed. So, it could be a slight oversight. People in those corners will also have very limited views of the South Stand, which is supposed to be the centre-piece "Blue-Wall" stand..... whether that lessens the experience or not, might be subjective.

The discussion was about the wall potentially obstructing views of the pitch. It doesn't. Whether it means a handful of people can't see a small section of the South Stand is immaterial. In any case, anyone sat in those seats won't be looking perpendicular as they are largely located BEHIND the goal line, everyone will be looking to the left or right.

It is well documented that the ground has completely uninterrupted views of the pitch. Does anyone seriously believe that the club, and their design team, have introduced obstructed views at a new purpose built stadium? It is one of the biggest issues at Goodison, it would be incompetence of the highest order to allow the same thing to happen at Bramley Moore; intentional or not.

The seats that are apparently missing have been missing for ages, i'm not sure they were ever installed in the first place.

The below is from 3 months ago. Judging by the seat that is on the 2nd row from the back, it looks to me like they just haven't installed the ones below yet. Same story in numerous other places around the ground. Removing those seats wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, they are that high up they can easily see over the wall when looking down at the pitch.

I expect the reason for the steps is simply to provide an alternative route to those seats from the opposite side. It means that for the upper rows, anyone sat at the very end isn't disturbing 20 plus people when they need to go for a p*ss.

1724765173205.png

The original scheme has changed in numerous places. Just take a look at the Peoples Club App, it shows a completely different arrangement in these corners. There are also various options floating about on the internet that i've seen.

Ultimately, you are criticising the layout when you have not been involved in the process. There has been a clear design decision made to run with this arrangement, the reasons for which none of us know.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back