New Everton Stadium

I simply stated that it was flagged-up pretty much as soon as it was seen. I can't think of any other stadium that has negotiated corners with different raked tiers at an angle creating redundant viewing space. The effect might be only marginal for a relatively small number of seats, but there is a wall cutting across the perpendicular line of sight of some seats in that corner, and that is unusual. I'm not sure that original renders even showed an aisle in those corners, and now people are saying that some of the aisle-seats have now been removed. So, it could be a slight oversight. People in those corners will also have very limited views of the South Stand, which is supposed to be the centre-piece "Blue-Wall" stand..... whether that lessens the experience or not, might be subjective.
Noticed that ugly wall a few times and seems to distract from the flowing blue sea of seats.

Can we get this thread back on track please? We were talking about potentially obstructed views.

In my opinion, so long as you are standing on the shoulders of giants, you won't have an issue with visibility of the pitch in those seats mentioned.

LOR definitely stuck to the masterplan and did it little by little so we don’t look back in anger towards goodison park the memories will live forever as the the bitter kopites will just have to roll with what they got !

Taking my lad to the top balcony for tonight’s game.. not sat up there for 20yearrs! Anyone know how the steepness compares to the south stand at Bramley Moore? Cheers

I don't think the steepness is the same in the new South Stand. Something about the laws changed in how steep a stand coul be, so basically the Top Balcony will never be able to be replicated.

The discussion was about the wall potentially obstructing views of the pitch. It doesn't. Whether it means a handful of people can't see a small section of the South Stand is immaterial. In any case, anyone sat in those seats won't be looking perpendicular as they are largely located BEHIND the goal line, everyone will be looking to the left or right.

It is well documented that the ground has completely uninterrupted views of the pitch. Does anyone seriously believe that the club, and their design team, have introduced obstructed views at a new purpose built stadium? It is one of the biggest issues at Goodison, it would be incompetence of the highest order to allow the same thing to happen at Bramley Moore; intentional or not.

The seats that are apparently missing have been missing for ages, i'm not sure they were ever installed in the first place.

The below is from 3 months ago. Judging by the seat that is on the 2nd row from the back, it looks to me like they just haven't installed the ones below yet. Same story in numerous other places around the ground. Removing those seats wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, they are that high up they can easily see over the wall when looking down at the pitch.

I expect the reason for the steps is simply to provide an alternative route to those seats from the opposite side. It means that for the upper rows, anyone sat at the very end isn't disturbing 20 plus people when they need to go for a p*ss.

View attachment 270720

The original scheme has changed in numerous places. Just take a look at the Peoples Club App, it shows a completely different arrangement in these corners. There are also various options floating about on the internet that i've seen.

Ultimately, you are criticising the layout when you have not been involved in the process. There has been a clear design decision made to run with this arrangement, the reasons for which none of us know.

I don't need to have been involved in the design process to make a simple observation at all, especially as I have also visited the stadium and have sightline modelled/assessed numerous existing and planned new stands in the past. At the upper rows, this wall is fairly tall, and cuts across the field of view, and I can't recall seeing anything similar in a modern stadium elsewhere, where any dividing wall would normally run parallel to the goal line at worst. Whether or not it is a value engineered decision from previous iterations, is immaterial. Someone has also cited a small obstructed view section in the visitors section, which again would seem to contradict your assertion.

I don't need to have been involved in the design process to make a simple observation at all, especially as I have also visited the stadium and have sightline modelled/assessed numerous existing and planned new stands in the past. At the upper rows, this wall is fairly tall, and cuts across the field of view, and I can't recall seeing anything similar in a modern stadium elsewhere, where any dividing wall would normally run parallel to the goal line at worst. Whether or not it is a value engineered decision from previous iterations, is immaterial. Someone has also cited a small obstructed view section in the visitors section, which again would seem to contradict your assertion.
No problem with you having an opinion, but you don't have all the facts to openly criticise a decision you weren't involved in.

So are you nailing your colours to the mast and stating that the dividing wall is going to obstruct the view of the pitch? I want to get it on record that this is specifically what you are saying. If you've visited the stadium then i assume you were able to check this first hand?

Happy for you to show me specifically where the obstructed view in the away section is.

Just to be clear, I can't guarantee there won't be an obstructed view, I've just given my reasons why i'm 99.9% certain there won't be any.

Burro Happold, who provide a number of consultancy services on the project, seem happy to state as such on their website. But hey, how would they know?

1724780047557.png

No problem with you having an opinion, but you don't have all the facts to openly criticise a decision you weren't involved in.

So are you nailing your colours to the mast and stating that the dividing wall is going to obstruct the view of the pitch? I want to get it on record that this is specifically what you are saying. If you've visited the stadium then i assume you were able to check this first hand?

Happy for you to show me specifically where the obstructed view in the away section is.

Just to be clear, I can't guarantee there won't be an obstructed view, I've just given my reasons why i'm 99.9% certain there won't be any.

Burro Happold, who provide a number of consultancy services on the project, seem happy to state as such on their website. But hey, how would they know?

View attachment 270761
Also states on the official stadium website that there aren't any obstructed views.

However, happy for anyone to show me categoric proof that there is.

1724781355895.png

Oasis again: just watching the BBC north west news coverage and they interviewed an agent / booker or whatever and he said the UK dates will probably twice as many as they are now.

Defo still room here for us to get a stadium gig...or two.
Why bother when they are already playing Manchester? Unless they can’t book there.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back