New Everton Stadium

There was never an issue, it's just Tom being a miserable old tosser as usual. He can't get over us moving so takes every opportunity to take a dump on the new stadium every chance he gets, despite the overwhelming evidence that it's boss.
If you look at his original post on the issue, he only commented on how it was unusual, and may have an impact on some views of the stadium. Nothing really negative just an observation, that seemed to have riled up people with fragile personalities.

the latest prompted by recently removed seats.
They haven't been recently removed because they were never installed in the first place.

This was from 4 months ago, not long after they surrounding seats were installed.

1724869869866.png

If you look at his original post on the issue, he only commented on how it was unusual, and may have an impact on some views of the stadium. Nothing really negative just an observation, that seemed to have riled up people with fragile personalities.
Is that aimed at anyone in particular?

Suggest you re-read what has been posted, the guy has been openly critical about the whole thing.

That may be a consequence of the conservatively 3,000,000 prior negative posts regarding the stadium from Old Tom and his robust personality.

There was never an issue, it's just Tom being a miserable old tosser as usual. He can't get over us moving so takes every opportunity to take a dump on the new stadium every chance he gets, despite the overwhelming evidence that it's boss.

To be fair it is mostly me questioning those few seats ...and a bit from @maccavennie.

Actually @maccavennie is the ring leader and is forcing me to be on his side...

:hayee:

Is that aimed at anyone in particular?

Suggest you re-read what has been posted, the guy has been openly critical about the whole thing.

You think hes been critical.
I think hes been asking valid questions as he should.
Some people treat this stadium like its there child and nobody can say anything bad (well not even bad just not glowingly positive) about it.

You think hes been critical.
I think hes been asking valid questions as he should.
Some people treat this stadium like its there child and nobody can say anything bad (well not even bad just not glowingly positive) about it.
He is being critical. He has criticised the layout in that area of the ground, advising how it should have been done when the reality is, there is nothing wrong with it and I am just as much professionally qualified to comment on it as he is. There has been a conscious decision by the design team to take this layout forward, and in my opinion, it is better than having a wall that is parallel to the goal line. Notwithstanding, there will also be numerous other considerations that none of us here are privy to which have ultimately led to the final layout. How can anyone not involved in that process suggest it is 'bad design'?

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

Regardless, the original debate was around visibility of the pitch. I've provided relatively robust reasoning as to why I don't believe there is an issue based on black and white comments from the club and one of the lead consultants along with sound engineering judgement. In my opinion, this is ultimately the same as the 'pitch won't fit' comments we had for 18 months or more. I'm not even sure if Tom thinks there will be an issue with pitch visibility as despite the back and forth, and him alluding that there is, he still hasn't answered my question. If he doesn't believe there is then why on earth did he get involved in the first place??

I'm done with this now anyway, taking up far too much of my time!

I still domt read it as critical. You do.
I think the ground is decent. Nothing special. You think its amazing.
People have different perceptions/opinions. There is nothing wrong with that.

But they appear as seats in the drawings.

Tbf though mate, you know as well as I do that the architectural background information will likely just be an array along a construction line rather than a detailed seat layout for construction purposes. The seat installation team won't be using the GA's for their layouts, they'll have their own which most of us probably haven't seen. It is only those construction drawings that can tell us what is on the design or not, really.

We know the supposed capacity, we will soon know the actual capacity. Will be interesting to see if it is 52,828 or something.

He is being critical. He has criticised the layout in that area of the ground, advising how it should have been done when the reality is, there is nothing wrong with it and I am just as much professionally qualified to comment on it as he is. There has been a conscious decision by the design team to take this layout forward, and in my opinion, it is better than having a wall that is parallel to the goal line. Notwithstanding, there will also be numerous other considerations that none of us here are privy to which have ultimately led to the final layout. How can anyone not involved in that process suggest it is 'bad design'?

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

Regardless, the original debate was around visibility of the pitch. I've provided relatively robust reasoning as to why I don't believe there is an issue based on black and white comments from the club and one of the lead consultants along with sound engineering judgement. In my opinion, this is ultimately the same as the 'pitch won't fit' comments we had for 18 months or more. I'm not even sure if Tom thinks there will be an issue with pitch visibility as despite the back and forth, and him alluding that there is, he still hasn't answered my question. If he doesn't believe there is then why on earth did he get involved in the first place??

I'm done with this now anyway, taking up far too much of my time!

The only thing I was being critical about was having a tall wall cutting across the natural line of sight of any seats..... I can't recall seeing that anywhere else and don't believe that to be normal practice and qualified that by simply asking if you had seen similar in any modern stadium elsewhere, where tall dividing walls are at a negative/acute angle, thus reducing lateral views? You haven't, because no-one else has done it, for that obvious reason.

I don't profess to being a stadium expert. Just an enthusiast. However, I have worked on stadium design projects in a structural design capacity, and previously helped develop sightline-modelling software, which involved the study of sightlines at multiple existing and planned new stands/stadia to assess modern c-value recommendations. This included surveying several stands in the UK, some abroad.

Tbf though mate, you know as well as I do that the architectural background information will likely just be an array along a construction line rather than a detailed seat layout for construction purposes. The seat installation team won't be using the GA's for their layouts, they'll have their own which most of us probably haven't seen. It is only those construction drawings that can tell us what is on the design or not, really.

We know the supposed capacity, we will soon know the actual capacity. Will be interesting to see if it is 52,828 or something.

Yes, in my experience, most GAs, details or layouts etc were generally derived directly from the same master CAD models for consistency and ease of cross reference. These could then be used to generate an accurate capacity, and drawings could be lifted directly for use in any Planning, PR or other docs. Of course, some wiggle room may be built into that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back