New Everton Stadium

Tbf though mate, you know as well as I do that the architectural background information will likely just be an array along a construction line rather than a detailed seat layout for construction purposes. The seat installation team won't be using the GA's for their layouts, they'll have their own which most of us probably haven't seen. It is only those construction drawings that can tell us what is on the design or not, really.

We know the supposed capacity, we will soon know the actual capacity. Will be interesting to see if it is 52,828 or something.
Screenshot_20240217_020403_YouTube.jpg

52,835 seats for starters 😁

Regardless, the original debate was around visibility of the pitch. I've provided relatively robust reasoning as to why I don't believe there is an issue based on black and white comments from the club and one of the lead consultants along with sound engineering judgement. In my opinion, this is ultimately the same as the 'pitch won't fit' comments we had for 18 months or more.

If it were this kind of wall that you drew the lines on then I would kind of agree with you:

Screenshot_20240829_081914_Gallery.jpg

However it's been built as thus:

Screenshot_20240829_081548_Gallery.jpg

That's getting on easily for 10-12 feet at the top, then add another 5 to 6 feet for people standing on the South. By the time you get to half way you are still having to see over something that is around 10 foot high down from your natural viewing angle.

This is a picture from the TB I took and I believe the bloke in the black is standing on the steps, I'm still a fair bit higher than him but it's still enough to partially block my view at that point.

Screenshot_20240829_083239_Gallery.jpg

I would be absolutely astonished it doesn't create that kind of scenario, unless the pitch is stupidly far away from the South stand. Meis and co didn't do this by mistake, they more than likely looked at creating the split along the goal line or where the sidelines are which would erase any chance of that happening and gone "no it looks better like this swept back". I can respect that. For the few number of seats it effects and how badly it interferes (because it isn't that bad) it's fine.

Now it may be the seats that haven't been installed yet (but that were on the plan) might be enough to correct it for everyone as obviously as the angle opens up each person will be able to see a bit further. I still think it will be marginal though. They could remove more seats closest to the wall, if they wanted everyone to see every blade of grass on the pitch, but that would be silly in my opinion and a waste of space.

I still won't say it's 100% going to be an issue as we have to see it to know, but I've given you my sound engineering judgement why I think they won't be able to see the corner flag without some kind of layout changes.

Is that aimed at anyone in particular?

Suggest you re-read what has been posted, the guy has been openly critical about the whole thing.

I suggest you re-read what has been posted, and/or provide evidence that I have been "Openly critical of the whole thing" .... I have had some reservations about the design/project and am entitled to voice them. This one was a basic observation of one aspect that was also picked up by some people from when it was first revealed, and several others since.

You appear to be more interested in a personal attack on me, even when others raised the point.

But they appear as seats in the drawings.

Tbf though mate, you know as well as I do that the architectural background information will likely just be an array along a construction line rather than a detailed seat layout for construction purposes. The seat installation team won't be using the GA's for their layouts, they'll have their own which most of us probably haven't seen. It is only those construction drawings that can tell us what is on the design or not, really.

We know the supposed capacity, we will soon know the actual capacity. Will be interesting to see if it is 52,828 or something.

They have made a number of changes to the seating layout from the drawings submitted at planning. That being said, missing seats at this stage means nothing as there are missing seats all over the stadium.

If it were this kind of wall that you drew the lines on then I would kind of agree with you:

View attachment 271026

However it's been built as thus:

View attachment 271027

That's getting on easily for 10-12 feet at the top, then add another 5 to 6 feet for people standing on the South. By the time you get to half way you are still having to see over something that is around 10 foot high down from your natural viewing angle.

This is a picture from the TB I took and I believe the bloke in the black is standing on the steps, I'm still a fair bit higher than him but it's still enough to partially block my view at that point.

View attachment 271029

I would be absolutely astonished it doesn't create that kind of scenario, unless the pitch is stupidly far away from the South stand. Meis and co didn't do this by mistake, they more than likely looked at creating the split along the goal line or where the sidelines are which would erase any chance of that happening and gone "no it looks better like this swept back". I can respect that. For the few number of seats it effects and how badly it interferes (because it isn't that bad) it's fine.

Now it may be the seats that haven't been installed yet (but that were on the plan) might be enough to correct it for everyone as obviously as the angle opens up each person will be able to see a bit further. I still think it will be marginal though. They could remove more seats closest to the wall, if they wanted everyone to see every blade of grass on the pitch, but that would be silly in my opinion and a waste of space.

I still won't say it's 100% going to be an issue as we have to see it to know, but I've given you my sound engineering judgement why I think they won't be able to see the corner flag without some kind of layout changes.
You're entitled to your opinion, no problem with that.

At the end of the day, none of us can say for certain but i'll quite happily run round GOT in the virtual nude if that wall blocks a view of the pitch for anyone.

I suggest you re-read what has been posted, and/or provide evidence that I have been "Openly critical of the whole thing" .... I have had some reservations about the design/project and am entitled to voice them. This one was a basic observation of one aspect that was also picked up by some people from when it was first revealed, and several others since.

You appear to be more interested in a personal attack on me, even when others raised the point.
I'm certainly not launching a personal attack on you. Your posts come across as being overly critical and if that's not the intent then I apologise. One of my biggest bugbears is people criticising something they either know nothing about or where they aren't in full posession of the facts.

In this particular case, none of us can categorically state that the wall will obstruct the view of the pitch. Partially restricting the view of the adjacent stand is immaterial because that would be the case for some supporters wherever the wall was located. It would be folly to suggest that the club and design team haven't considered a number of different layouts in this area and have ultimately chosen to take this one forward as the most appropriate. Whether this has been done in a stadium elsewhere doesn't make it a poor decision.

I'd also be quite frankly astounded if it transpires that our new £850m stadium has been designed and built with obstructed views of the pitch. Particularly with the club and at least one of their lead consultants openly stating otherwise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back