New Everton Stadium

Big sam said £75m didn’t he?

Not sure how true that is.
I would think that includes additional sponsorship revenue and potentially a stadium naming rights deal.

From just additional tickets/ hospitality/ match day spend I'd probably suggest somewhere in the £40-£50m mark.

I'm sure i read/ heard somewhere that the income from the hospitality alone at BM is equivalent to (or possibly greater than) the total matchday revenue we get at Goodison currently.

Forgive me if it’s been mentioned before but is there any provision for stopping gulls from roosting under the barrel vaulting particularly at the North and South stand roof abuts the west and East stands ,

Laser beams

1725019594239.webp

Big sam said £75m didn’t he?

Not sure how true that is.

I've seen a few forecasts for the new matchday income, but very little official.

At present our matchday income is approx £14m -16m per season. That equates to about £360 per season per fan. For it to rise to £75m, that average spend would need to rise to over £1400 per season per fan. We've doubled our box seats and trippled the corporate, but I think that would still be a big ask for our fanbase.

For comparison, West Ham's matchday income for league games was just £24m for 21-22 season, at 60k average attendances. This went upto 32m if cup and european games included.

I've seen a few forecasts for the new matchday income, but very little official.

At present our matchday income is approx £14m -16m per season. That equates to about £360 per season per fan. For it to rise to £75m, that average spend would need to rise to over £1400 per season per fan. We've doubled our box seats and trippled the corporate, but I think that would still be a big ask for our fanbase.

For comparison, West Ham's matchday income for league games was just £24m for 21-22 season, at 60k average attendances. This went upto 32m if cup and european games included.

The match day income will increase. But even more importantly is the non-match day income. I'm not just talking about conferences and exhibitions that take place there. I'm think about people spending money in the bars and restaurants that will be open on a normal non-match day. How people would go for an afternoon out at GP? I know I wouldn't. I'm expecting to do at the new place as often as I can afford to. Lot of the reason for that is location.

Tbf though. A lot of West Hams seats were giveaways, or really, really cheap sales.

The big one will be with food and drink provisions, but even then, what's the deal for what Everton get out of that? Extra can be added for non-matchday activities if they ever arise, but even then it's difficult to come to a figure.

I guess we can only be sure that it will increase, but without seeing the numbers everything else is a bit of a guess really. Also, the first year might. And is likely to be a bit of an anomaly.

I would think that includes additional sponsorship revenue and potentially a stadium naming rights deal.

From just additional tickets/ hospitality/ match day spend I'd probably suggest somewhere in the £40-£50m mark.

I'm sure i read/ heard somewhere that the income from the hospitality alone at BM is equivalent to (or possibly greater than) the total matchday revenue we get at Goodison currently.

Yeah read that last bit too. I believe Arsenal made more in one match than we did in one season at goodison when they first moved in.

Thanks Tom, but the top tier hospitality sold out instantly by people who had first refusals, probably some of the contractors.

The match day income will increase. But even more importantly is the non-match day income. I'm not just talking about conferences and exhibitions that take place there. I'm think about people spending money in the bars and restaurants that will be open on a normal non-match day. How people would go for an afternoon out at GP? I know I wouldn't. I'm expecting to do at the new place as often as I can afford to. Lot of the reason for that is location.
Srs question - will they be though?
I think Shearers Bar (if that’s what it’s called) at the Sports Direct head lopping Stadium is open on non match days, but I did’t think many (if any) other stadiums were open on non match days unless for special occasions.

Srs question - will they be though?
I think Shearers Bar (if that’s what it’s called) at the Sports Direct head lopping Stadium is open on non match days, but I did’t think many (if any) other stadiums were open on non match days unless for special occasions.
I'd have thought some of the hospitality areas will be available for booking, and the club will be actively marketing them for events and the like, but i can't see them being open just for people to walk in and get a drink/food.

I think thats just about right, at one point Id looked at the difference in income for the other clubs that had built a stadium and it indicated around 40m.

You have the additional tickets, the hospitality, but beyond matchday you also have other events, and a big increase in sponsorships. All told if debts were paid down an owner should have an extra 80m a year in profit margin compared to last season, and I suspect the 25/26 books will be eye-opening to many.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back