New Everton Stadium

We should have built it at Walton hall park instead so you can get to the ground easier.

If that had of not put us in a billion pound of debt for a better ground then yes they should.
I travel anywere to watch Everton play.
You said it was a better location and asked why it wasnt. So dont have digs when you dont like the answer.

Pays his money, has done for many, many years. Probably more than he cares to remember so as such he is as entitled to say that he hates it and can't wait to see the back of it as you are to say whatever you want to.
It's not an attack on you or your kin so isn't really that big a deal is it.

Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one.
Totally agree

But when we lose a few games at the new ground or god forbid get relegated will he start saying burn the new place?

If that had of not put us in a billion pound of debt for a better ground then yes they should.
I travel anywere to watch Everton play.
You said it was a better location and asked why it wasnt. So dont have digs when you dont like the answer.

It is a better location. How isn’t it? Just because you can’t be arsed travelling a little bit further when people come from all over the country, and even the world (some how) to watch us play.

The stadium would have been just as expensive too, they’re not cheap fella.

A waterfront stadium is something that people are rightly excited about.

It is a better location. How isn’t it? Just because you can’t be arsed travelling a little bit further when people come from all over the country, and even the world (some how) to watch us play.

The stadium would have been just as expensive too, they’re not cheap fella.

A waterfront stadium is something that people are rightly excited about.

It is a better location, it puts us front and centre of the city. Opens commercial markets to us that simply would not have been possible had we gone off to nearly anywhere else in the city.

However it would have been about 200m cheaper to build it in a non heritage brownfield site where we didn't have to fill in a dock and possibly been delivered 2 years earlier. As above though it should be a case of short term pain for long term gain.

It is a better location, it puts us front and centre of the city. Opens commercial markets to us that simply would not have been possible had we gone off to nearly anywhere else in the city.

However it would have been about 200m cheaper to build it in a non heritage brownfield site where we didn't have to fill in a dock and possibly been delivered 2 years earlier. As above though it should be a case of short term pain for long term gain.

Not £200m cheaper. It was £100m for the dock infill and all other necessities (somehow).

That extra £100m has given us a chance of an iconic stadium. Walton hall park would have been as bad as Kirkby.

Neither would it have been delivered 2 years earlier. No way. Maybe 6 months but also the surrounding area has nothing but main roads. Don’t care about north Liverpool moaning they can’t get to the stadium as quick. It’s selfish and a pretty redundant argument.

North & South transport routes are pretty reasonable but getting there from more easterly parts of Liverpool and outside of Liverpool is pretty poor.

Not really. It's just a 2-leg journey. Use the transport links in to the city centre. You're then a couple of miles away from the ground , or 1.2 miles from the Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields or 1.8 miles from James Street Station. Bus routes take you up Scotland Rd which is about a mile from the ground, and obviously trains run into Sandhils every 5 minutes from the city centre. Loads of black cabs too.

Lots of people in different parts of the city currently have to get 2 buses or 2 trains to Goodison.. The new ground will be easier to get to than Goodison for lots of people in the city, likewise, some might find it a bit more difficult. It's hardly out in Skem though is it? I'm sure many people from Croxteth manage to get to L5 without too many major issues for gods sake.

Not £200m cheaper. It was £100m for the dock infill and all other necessities (somehow).

That extra £100m has given us a chance of an iconic stadium. Walton hall park would have been as bad as Kirkby.

Neither would it have been delivered 2 years earlier. No way. Maybe 6 months but also the surrounding area has nothing but main roads. Don’t care about north Liverpool moaning they can’t get to the stadium as quick. It’s selfish and a pretty redundant argument.
I’m from Norris Green, dead easy for me to get to GP, but you know what, I’ll adapt, I’ll get a bus into town, I’ll then get a soccer bus, taxi or maybe even walk from town, I’ll experience new pre & post watering holes.
I can’t wait to do it differently, it’s going to be amazing

Not really. It's just a 2-leg journey. Use the transport links in to the city centre. You're then a couple of miles away from the ground , or 1.2 miles from the Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields or 1.8 miles from James Street Station. Bus routes take you up Scotland Rd which is about a mile from the ground, and obviously trains run into Sandhils every 5 minutes from the city centre. Loads of black cabs too.

Lots of people in different parts of the city currently have to get 2 buses or 2 trains to Goodison.. The new ground will be easier to get to than Goodison for lots of people in the city, likewise, some might find it a bit more difficult. It's hardly out in Skem though is it? I'm sure many people from Croxteth manage to get to L5 without too many major issues for gods sake.

I thought the same. Is it that difficult to get to the city centre? What about those from the Wirral, wales or other regions who have made the game week in and out.

It sounds the same as those on spaces saying wool’s etc shouldn’t be allowed to go home and away games over cosmic scousers.

I’m from Norris Green, dead easy for me to get to GP, but you know what, I’ll adapt, I’ll get a bus into town, I’ll then get a soccer bus, taxi or maybe even walk from town, I’ll experience new pre & post watering holes.
I can’t wait to do it differently, it’s going to be amazing

The amount of times I’ve met in town and we decide to get a taxi or Uber instead of soccer bus etc. some people do not react well to change and feel entitled to cause disruption to their own routines.

Baffles me at times.

Honestly mate, 200m easily, probably more as I went super conservative with the estimate. We had to jump through hoops for years to make sure we had a bulletproof application to get through PP. All that cost an excessive amount before we even started to build.

We decided on BM in 2017 had we chosen the cheap and easy option of Stonebridge Cross it would have flown through PP and even if we said it took two and a half years to go through design and handover to the builders - which is again way longer than it needs, the stadium could have been open for 2023 (I put it back a year to allow for covid), especially given the build time has been reduced due to not filling in the dock. Most of the work would have been carried out pre-financial/global political crisis so most of the materials and workforce would have been at a lower rate. The higher building costs have had an impact with us regarding legal fees and loss of prize money, all that has to be counted.

That sounds like I'm against what we have and that isn't true, I'm fine with the decision, but we shouldn't hide the fact it would have been the better short term decision to bot build there, especially how things panned out. What we do have now is a more prestigious building in a better location but we have to restructure and get a new owner to really start to feel the benefit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back