New Everton Stadium

Yeah, like I said, it's 1.2 miles from Old Hall Street. That's showing 1.4 miles, and If I'm not mistaken, it's from Dale Street? This is the route I would take, and it won't take me the 26 mins Google Maps says it will. Obviously some people might take longer, but as I've said, not everybody will absolute;y have to walk that distance.

View attachment 272370
You realise you walk underground from by Dale St to Old Hall St to get out after alighting the train.

They may have a bigger capacity, they may have the global fanbase, they may have the trophies and success, but make no mistake, our new stadium is pi$$in them off. Some of them might not admit it, but it is.

We have had nothing to smile about since 1995.
We may be up to our eyes in debt, we may never compete with them or anyone challenging for honours ever again in my lifetime.

So, with that, I’m claiming this one as a trophy

Mate , we are a football team in what is supposed to be a competition to win (lately I’m not so sure).

As much as I like our new stadium, what good is a new home if it’s going to be the same old thinking and culture running through it?

Honestly for all the people I know who follow them, not one of them is arsed or even tries to wind up about it. Chances are should they ever move given their resources and fan base, it would likely dwarf ours.

The stadium should be used to change the club itself. Everton being successful is what matters.

Mate , we are a football team in what is supposed to be a competition to win (lately I’m not so sure).

As much as I like our new stadium, what good is a new home if it’s going to be the same old thinking and culture running through it?

Honestly for all the people I know who follow them, not one of them is arsed or even tries to wind up about it. Chances are should they ever move given their resources and fan base, it would likely dwarf ours.

The stadium should be used to change the club itself. Everton being successful is what matters.
I think you've just answered yourself mate.

I'm almost 100% sure there will be new owners , new revenue streams , new philosophy with a brand new board a new manager and better players.

It's kinda the point in moving grounds.

Never read so much rubbish in my life. "They may have the trophies and success but we've got a new stadium" Ye they must be gutted. I couldn't care less where we played if we won a few trophies now and again. Look forward to the new stadium yes but it's not going to make us win games of football.
Never said it was going to win us games.
I said I’m claiming it as a trophy because it’s unlikely I’ll see us winning anything in my lifetime.

Please read it properly before replying

“Everton being successful is all that matters”
Totally agree, it’s just that I think I’m too old to witness it again.

So with that, I’ll enjoy (imo) the title of the best stadium in the country…👍

Yeah, like I said, it's 1.2 miles from Old Hall Street. That's showing 1.4 miles, and If I'm not mistaken, it's from Dale Street? This is the route I would take, and it won't take me the 26 mins Google Maps says it will. Obviously some people might take longer, but as I've said, not everybody will absolute;y have to walk that distance.

View attachment 272370
26 minutes Google walking translates directly to 15-17 minutes for a moderately normal time healthy walk. And I'm an overweight unfit in his later 50s😂

Never said it was going to win us games.
I said I’m claiming it as a trophy because it’s unlikely I’ll see us winning anything in my lifetime.

Please read it properly before replying
I never said you said it was going to win us games. I just said it won't win us games.

Please read it properly before replying.

At the end of the day that's what football is about. Fair enough the overall match day experience will go up a few levels for some but most fans couldnt care less as long as they see the team on the pitch win games of footy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back