New Everton Stadium

Supporter group meeting update

*BMD*

You will all receive an email at the end of October with how long you’ve held your Season Ticket for. You will need to confirm or challenge this with the club.

The same thing for memberships will happen, how long you’ve had one, against your place in the season ticket waiting list.

Pricing for BMD per stands will come after that. There will be various prices as in the better views cost more. They will also at this stage give everyone an overview of each stand. You will also find out at this stage how many extra season tickets will become available. But they have said to not expect this too high because the game by game demand is much higher now. They literally won’t give a figure on this right now.

On sale dates will be very similar to the usual season ticket sale dates, so after Christmas. They have said this will be virtual picking not actually at BMD

Priority order is based on tenure they have confirmed but they won’t give any further details on exact structure yet as it’s not signed off, due to people wanting to sit together who may of held season tickets for a different length of time.

The only thing they have confirmed, is the new ‘family’ stand you will only be eligible to sit there if you have someone under 18

*Goodison*
Last game at Goodison, they will know the exact date the weekend after the FA Cup Semi final, but due to the weekend it is in, the FA CUP is the Saturday so the game will have to be the Friday, Sunday or Monday.

They will release details on what and how you can buy from Goodison next year sometime. As everyone is asking about their seats, they are in talks about everything so nothing at this stage can be confirmed

The 3 concerts at Goodison are still in talks with many people. Nothing close to being announced
Where is the family stand?

I think the fact that the roof doesn't enclose the stadium further, probably 5m in on each side, is a major oversight.

We know from other examples that this is a problem. We know the raid will come in at angles at BMD. We know that Bilbao has to retrospectively change the roof to deal with this.
If it proves to be a problem, how easy should it be to fix?

If it proves to be a problem, how easy should it be to fix?

I think Bilbao's roof extension was approx £10m. It was done by a new cable net construction added to their original roof which was full cantilever on all sides. Ours use goalpost trusses at both ends, cantilevers on both sides. I don't know how much additional loading they can take.

The first 8-10 rows look quite wet. It's not even on one or two stands, so shows when the wind whips around during rain it can soak all.
That rain pattern is what I was expecting, although it's unclear if all the transparent polycarbonate sections have been fully sealed yet. I was a bit surprised that even some of the lower corporate section in the East stand appear to be wet. Complaints by these high-paying patrons might force their hand in the future, but would probably be better (reputationally) to address it now imo.

The first 8-10 rows look quite wet. It's not even on one or two stands, so shows when the wind whips around during rain it can soak all.

IMG_0532.webp

Yes, there could be a cost-saving factor, but I think it would've been a small percentage of the overall cost to provide much better coverage. I think Meis said at the time that a closing roof would add £80m. Which is only about total 10% of the cost. Of course that will depend on the type of roof/materials used. I was surprised to see that BMD's roof was multi-layered. Material and construction costs could've been saved there, and perhaps the curved barrel sections could've been in some polycarbonate alternative. Similar for the black paneling, which are essentially aesthetic detailing..... to increase functional performance.

For me, good weather protection is as fundamental as a good view in a new stadium. Especially at the cost of the project and the probable cost of tickets. Just seems so contradictory to see fans sitting in so called "state of the art" stadia deserting their seats or needing plastic ponchos to sit in expensive seats.

Bilbao had to extend their roof retrospectively because of this issue.
Suspected this would be the case. Whilst it is great we have so many season ticket holders, financially they're not the best for the club. Regular attendees will spend less per head than those that come occasionally or as a one-off when visiting the City. I believe the Tunnel Club is only going to be available on a match by match basis which is a good idea.

Going to be a lot of disappointed fans on that season ticket waiting list!

What about the fold out "canopy's a Spanish team and Barcelona are getting? Is that viable?

I don't think they look great but I'm sure a different material or coloured cover would help that.

Another thing that occurred to me re. the roofing and our desire to see it extended to try and avoid fans nearer the front getting drenched - given the exposure to high winds down by the Mersey (the stadium is in a very exposed location after all) what might be the effects on the actual game in play? I can see a scenario where wind is whipping in from all directions and creating a vortex where the ball is getting sucked all over the place.

But then again, it may be a blessing in disguise if it takes some of our players with it.

BMD will have to have by law 3 test events all football orientated, small scale, medium and full capacity..fans that are invited will have to partake in tests such as an evacuation etc. Coach parking, although not announced where, will be about the same distance away from the ground as Priory road but they MAY charge to park. EFC do not have the keys to BMD yet and expect to get them around Xmas, sometime in the new year they will have an open session for all supporters clubs to visit at the same time for about 30 minutes only. This will not be a choose your seat event, merely an orientation visit. They would not be drawn on new ticket prices, but if you are on the ST waiting list don't get your hopes up as the implications given seemed to be that they want as many of the extra 12k of seats to be high yield (their words) as possible i.e. Far eastern tourists paying a premium who will spend a fortune in the shop on their only visit (my words not theirs but that was my impression).
Thank you for posting all that information. Very interesting

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back