New Everton Stadium

Recently. Don't think it's something I would have noticed early doors. Obviously nothing will change. I think it's worth giving feedback.

Obviously your prerogative to do so. Meis would have had reasons to design it how it is though. The first is due to the compactness of the site, by creating the overhanging upper concourse it allows more space for a larger number of pedestrians to ensure exit times can be met. It also doubles up as a cover so that people can stay out of the worst of the weather.

Usually there is one concourse per tier, we have two, so it looks like this:

Screenshot_20240620_214213_Gallery.webp

If we compare to their AR stand they also have 2 GA concourses (darker pink) but they have a hospitality section sandwiched in between:

Screenshot_20240913_155925_Gallery.webp

Our stairwells are situated in the corners so we didn't require as wide a footprint. (also less capacity at BM) If you look at the space above the highest concourse on each, there is a similar amount of bare terracing poking out above it:

Screenshot_20240913_162705_Gallery.webp

Ours just looks a bit different because of the floating concourse which as I said is required for circulation.

We aren't wasting the space above the upper concourse as there is nothing for it to be used for. It would just be a huge expense, strengthening everything to take the weight of something to be used for what purpose? The restaurant is in the West Stand, there is no way we could run two on non matchdays.

The glass area closely matches the design of the North stand, bar the fact that it looks more flat due to the less obvious overhang caused by needing a smaller concourse for less people and it doesn't have the angled glass that is used to reflect the water in Nelson dock.

At the end of the day it's just a design choice you don't agree with, it fulfills what it is required to do. You could put more glass but it makes little difference, just adds to the expenses. You could clad the entire stand but then it would be a completely different stadium as it wouldn't fit in with the rest of it.

I much prefer our design to theirs:

Screenshot_20240913_164015_Gallery.webp

Obviously your prerogative to do so. Meis would have had reasons to design it how it is though. The first is due to the compactness of the site, by creating the overhanging upper concourse it allows more space for a larger number of pedestrians to ensure exit times can be met. It also doubles up as a cover so that people can stay out of the worst of the weather.

Usually there is one concourse per tier, we have two, so it looks like this:

View attachment 273029

If we compare to their AR stand they also have 2 GA concourses (darker pink) but they have a hospitality section sandwiched in between:

View attachment 273031

Our stairwells are situated in the corners so we didn't require as wide a footprint. (also less capacity at BM) If you look at the space above the highest concourse on each, there is a similar amount of bare terracing poking out above it:

View attachment 273032

Ours just looks a bit different because of the floating concourse which as I said is required for circulation.

We aren't wasting the space above the upper concourse as there is nothing for it to be used for. It would just be a huge expense, strengthening everything to take the weight of something to be used for what purpose? The restaurant is in the West Stand, there is no way we could run two on non matchdays.

The glass area closely matches the design of the North stand, bar the fact that it looks more flat due to the less obvious overhang caused by needing a smaller concourse for less people and it doesn't have the angled glass that is used to reflect the water in Nelson dock.

At the end of the day it's just a design choice you don't agree with, it fulfills what it is required to do. You could put more glass but it makes little difference, just adds to the expenses. You could clad the entire stand but then it would be a completely different stadium as it wouldn't fit in with the rest of it.

I much prefer our design to theirs:

View attachment 273035
Theirs needs knocking down it’s an absolute eyesore.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back