Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

you beat me to it with the maths :D

No worries mate. It's an interesting discussion

The stadium has the legal minimum and provide the club abides by the law if seats aren't needed by accessibility requirement supporters legally they can make them available to other supporters

Obviously accessibility requirement supporters get No.1 priority to those though!

I understand that there are legal requirements so out of curiosity I decided to look into this.
As the Capacity is ~53k we need, following EHRC guidelines, an additional 26 seats on top of the mandatory 210 = 236 wheel chair accessible spaces required at BMD.

BMD exceeds the wheel chair access requirements by around 43 with a total of 279 positions available. On top of that BMD also offers 366 easy access seats and 310 seats with limited elevation (I presume these 676 seats are for those not in a chair but with some mobility issues).

Again, if demand is met then its no issue. If we find disabled access demand to be lower than the amount provided then areas such as the lower south stand could be easily converted to seating with temporary metal stands whilst still complying with the legal minimum of supply of disabled access seating/areas.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com...sability-access-at-premier-league-grounds.pdf

View attachment 277021

View attachment 277022
View attachment 277023
So you think doing the bare minimum is enough?

Why not get rid of the bigger corporate areas where those screens are to fit in more seats?

So it's ok to increase capacity for some fans but not others?

I honestly don't understand the mentally of "let's just do the bare minimum " and take the space back.

No worries mate. It's an interesting discussion

The stadium has the legal minimum and provide the club abides by the law if seats aren't needed by accessibility requirement supporters legally they can make them available to other supporters

Obviously accessibility requirement supporters get No.1 priority to those though!
Again why do you think doing the bare minimum is enough? Honestly don't understand that mentality.

Well. if Spurs have less, then surely we're exceeding the minimum requirement. So is this point not irrelevant.?

The lad only asked if it could be converted to seating if, I repeat if, they are not selling all those spaces.

If we're nor selling those spaces, then I'm 100% certain they will be turned into general or premium seating., and rightly so.

Think you need to apologise to the lad myself. Some outrageous slurs you're throwing around there in response to a perfectly legitimate question.
No I won't be apologising because "doing the bare minimum and taking the space back" is a horrible attitude to have towards disabled fans. The club quite rightly going above the minimum shows they care about ALL fans and not just about squeezing a few extra fans in.

I get people are upset about the capacity isn't big enough but this ISNT the way to go about it

Again why do you think doing the bare minimum is enough? Honestly don't understand that mentality.
We don't know what the demand may be yet, however it might transpire that the legal minimum is sufficient. In that case it would then be logical to convert some areas into regular seated/safe standing areas. It could even be a temporary conversion via metal stands that could be removed and converted back to wheel chair accessible space if demand increased. Its why I suggested the South stand as the area is at ground level so would be easier to convert back and forth depending on demand with minimal equipment or machinery required.

Interestingly if Friedkins increase capacity to 64000 the club is still above the legal minimum (258) ...

Find that curious and interesting.

Almost like it was deliberate in the design
Good to know that the stadia if future proofed in that respect for demand then if the capacity can be increased via safe standing.

I'm shocked and disgusted that people think it's ok to do the bare minimum towards disabled fans and think it's ok that if demand isn't there to convert it to "normal seats" because essentially that's what you are saying.

Disabled fans have just as much right to go to the game as anyone else and there is currently a waiting list for wheelchair spaces. So demand is there.

But that aside, trying to take the space back off disabled fans because somehow people think other fans have more of a priority is well.. wow.

No I won't be apologising because "doing the bare minimum and taking the space back" is a horrible attitude to have towards disabled fans. The club quite rightly going above the minimum shows they care about ALL fans and not just about squeezing a few extra fans in.

I get people are upset about the capacity isn't big enough but this ISNT the way to go about it

So you think they should be left empty if they're not selling? That's a bit naive to say the least. It's not something I'd advocate, and I suspect I'm not gonna be in the minority on that.

You can have a different opinion to that, that's fine, but there's no need to make out that what's been discussed is anyway discriminatory.

So you think they should be left empty if they're not selling? That's a bit naive to say the least. It's not something I'd advocate, and I suspect I'm not gonna be in the minority on that.

You can have a different opinion to that, that's fine, but there's no need to make out that what's been discussed is anyway discriminatory.
IF and it's a big IF they are not selling then they should be afforded the same treatment as any other tickets that aren't selling and that's offer discounts.. half season tickets etc like we used to.

This obsession with generating money in this way is a terrible. Football clubs used to be about the experience and what it means to support the club. Not "let's reclaim disabled areas becusee I can't get a ticket woe is me"

IF and it's a big IF they are not selling then they should be afforded the same treatment as any other tickets that aren't selling and that's offer discounts.. half season tickets etc like we used to.

This obsession with generating money in this way is a terrible. Football clubs used to be about the experience and what it means to support the club. Not "let's reclaim disabled areas becusee I can't get a ticket woe is me"
Wonder what the reaction would be to let's remove more able bodied seats and convert them for disabled access to meet the demand.

Sure folk would be fine with that...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back