Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Nobody has said this? OK. So "let's covert disabled spaces if there isn't demand into normal seats" isn't about the fact capacity is not what people want and they can't get a ticket? OK.

I will have all the tickets I need thanks..

Nobody other than you has mentioned tickets.

Nobody has ever made an issue of us exceeding the minimum requirement. at least not to my knowledge, in the whole time this thread has been open.

The lad asked a hypothetical question. I personally don't think there's a chance in hell we leave 'empty chunks' in the stadium. because, after all, it wouldn't take a team of GOT's finest brains to put them back in if demand increased. The smart thing to do if they're left empty, would be to convert them to general access seats, and they could always be put back in. I don't think it's a particularly controversial view.

I will have all the tickets I need thanks..

Nobody other than you has mentioned tickets.

Nobody has ever made an issue of us exceeding the minimum requirement. at least not to my knowledge, in the whole time this thread has been open.

The lad asked a hypothetical question. I personally don't think there's a chance in hell we leave 'empty chunks' in the stadium. because, after all, it wouldn't take a team of GOT's finest brains to put them back in if demand increased. The smart thing to do if they're left empty, would be to convert them to general access seats, and they could always be put back in.

I don't think it's a particularly controversial view.
Therein lies your problem.

If converting disabled areas to "normal" seating isn't about tickets then what is it about? It's EXACTLY about tickets. And to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Interestingly if Friedkins increase capacity to 64000 the club is still above the legal minimum (258) ...

Find that curious and interesting.

Almost like it was deliberate in the design

That stadium is designed to be capable of holding >60k fans. It is designed in almost every fashion to handle that volume. They have just focused in achieving that in the hope that safe standing ratios are allowed to increase. Disability access and locations are based upon capacity, not number of seats, as are concourses and provision of facilities.

I said a while back, with diagrams, how we could be tye only current club to be able to take actual monetary positives out of an increase in standing rations. Spurs for example have maxed out there seated capacity and designed their concourse/circulation and facility provision for those figures. Old stadiums will almost certainly not be able to have a greater than 1:1 ratio due to their provisions being likely already lower than required. It will in fact likely be more like 0.9:1 due to space requirement differences between standing and seating.

Therein lies your problem.

If converting disabled areas to "normal" seating isn't about tickets then what is it about? It's EXACTLY about tickets. And to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

It's about not leaving empty spaces in the stadium. Won'r find me complaining f they're not left empty mate. This is the point you're missing. The question was specifically about if they're left empty..

It's about not leaving empty spaces in the stadium. Won'r find me complaining f they're not left empty mate. This is the point you're missing. The question was specifically about if they're left empty..
So are you trying to seriously say your point of view is about the astethics of the stadium having empty spaces?

It's about tickets pure and simple. The "I don't want it to look empty" argument is very disingenuous. So let's take over disabled areas if there is no demand so it looks better on tv etc with fans in "normal" seats.

Your arguments get worse.

Exactly ! People would be upset I am sure
To be fair, the like for like comparison would be whether people would get upset at the suggestion of converting unused/unsold standard seats into accessible seats where there is a demand for more accessible seats. So for example, if we were regularly failing to sell 100 standard seats for games, but there were consistently say 25 unfulfilled requests for accessible seats. Maybe people would still get upset but at least that would be comparing apples with apples.

The way I read it was that somebody asked a straightforward question about the possibility of converting accessible areas only if demand consistently didnt meet the supply and notwithstanding legal requirements. Not really something I'd champion but hardly "disgusting". I get that you don't like it but I feel your response has been a touch disproportionate on this one.

As long as all those that want accessible seats get them then that's the main thing and if those seats are consistently left empty then personally I'd still leave them in just in case demand increases. Doesn't mean its abhorrent to even discuss it 🤷‍♂️

To be fair, the like for like comparison would be whether people would get upset at the suggestion of converting unused/unsold standard seats into accessible seats where there is a demand for more accessible seats. So for example, if we were regularly failing to sell 100 standard seats for games, but there were consistently say 25 unfulfilled requests for accessible seats. Maybe people would still get upset but at least that would be comparing apples with apples.

The way I read it was that somebody asked a straightforward question about the possibility of converting accessible areas only if demand consistently didnt meet the supply and notwithstanding legal requirements. Not really something I'd champion but hardly "disgusting". I get that you don't like it but I feel your response has been a touch disproportionate on this one.

As long as all those that want accessible seats get them then that's the main thing and if those seats are consistently left empty then personally I'd still leave them in just in case demand increases. Doesn't mean its abhorrent to even discuss it 🤷‍♂️
Sorry I disagree with you utterly.

If you had been dealing with issues from society regarding disabled people and people in wheelchairs as long as I have you would understand. Disabled people and disabled areas are always targeted in things like this. It's why a legal minimum had to he baught in.

So yes imo it is "disgusting" to target these areas just so a few more people can get tickets.

Ref the disabled seating, I think the location at the bottom of the south stand hasn’t been well thought out. Without joking about our strikers capability to hit the target having less abled people so close to the goal mouth where high speed and powerful shots can easily go astray is a real risk to injuring someone with less mobility in that section

Ref the disabled seating, I think the location at the bottom of the south stand hasn’t been well thought out. Without joking about our strikers capability to hit the target having less abled people so close to the goal mouth where high speed and powerful shots can easily go astray is a real risk to injuring someone with less mobility in that section
I suppose they could quite easily install some fencing to protect that area?

So are you trying to seriously say your point of view is about the astethics of the stadium having empty spaces?

It's about tickets pure and simple. The "I don't want it to look empty" argument is very disingenuous. So let's take over disabled areas if there is no demand so it looks better on tv etc with fans in "normal" seats.

Your arguments get worse.

No. I'm not saying that. It's one of the considerations for sure though.

It's about maximising the stadium for every single benefit that brings. Imagine wanting you're stadium to be full eh? I know, it's bonkers, but it could work..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back