Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

So are you trying to seriously say your point of view is about the astethics of the stadium having empty spaces?

It's about tickets pure and simple. The "I don't want it to look empty" argument is very disingenuous. So let's take over disabled areas if there is no demand so it looks better on tv etc with fans in "normal" seats.

Your arguments get worse.

Let's say, for arguments sake, accessible seating demand far outstrips supply, and standard seating supply outstrips demand. Would you have an issue with the removal of standard seating to allow for accessible seating?

I know I wouldn't.

Ref the disabled seating, I think the location at the bottom of the south stand hasn’t been well thought out. Without joking about our strikers capability to hit the target having less abled people so close to the goal mouth where high speed and powerful shots can easily go astray is a real risk to injuring someone with less mobility in that section
Pretty sure that's an issue no matter where they put less abled people...

Sorry I disagree with you utterly.

If you had been dealing with issues from society regarding disabled people and people in wheelchairs as long as I have you would understand. Disabled people and disabled areas are always targeted in things like this. It's why a legal minimum had to he baught in.

So yes imo it is "disgusting" to target these areas just so a few more people can get tickets.
That's fine. I'm not advocating to "target" or convert anything. I just felt that your response to a simple question was disproportionate. You can disagree with somebody without calling their question/viewpoint "disgusting". It's clearly an issue that's important and emotive for you which I respect 👍

Let's say, for arguments sake, accessible seating demand far outstrips supply, and standard seating supply outstrips demand. Would you have an issue with the removal of standard seating to allow for accessible seating?

I know I wouldn't.
Yes I would. As I previously stated then what should happen is promotions to get the tickets sold.. half season tickets like we used to etc

No. I'm not saying that. It's one of the considerations for sure though.

It's about maximising the stadium for every single benefit that brings. Imagine wanting you're stadium to be full eh? I know, it's bonkers, but it could work..
The stadium looking full is not a concern as far as i am concerned. A stadium that is accessible for all and everton doing the bare minimum is what I want to see. Which is exactly what they have done.

Is the capacity right?no I think it should have been more. But we should not have the attitude of targeting any areas like this to get more bums on seats and to make us look better on tv.

Yes I would. As I previously stated then what should happen is promotions to get the tickets sold.. half season tickets like we used to etc

I'd rather the club sold as many full price tickets as they can, that's the better financial decision.

It's all about opinion though and in any case, before the club did anything (even though this is all entirely hypothetical) they would no doubt engage with all the affected groups, as they should do.

The stadium looking full is not a concern as far as i am concerned. A stadium that is accessible for all and everton doing the bare minimum is what I want to see. Which is exactly what they have done.

Is the capacity right?no I think it should have been more. But we should not have the attitude of targeting any areas like this to get more bums on seats and to make us look better on tv.

They've gone above and beyond the bare minimum provision though, and rightly so. They know their market and will be providing suitable facilities to provide for that market.

They've gone above and beyond the bare minimum provision though, and rightly so. They know their market and will be providing suitable facilities to provide for that market.
They have gone above and beyond and I am glad they have. I wish more clubs/places followed suit. We should keep it that way and encourage attendance rather than "reclaim" areas just to get more bums on seats or to improve the aesthetic look of the stadium on match days.

Incredible to think just a few weeks until LO'R drop the keys off at Goodison. I just hope they leave directions how to get there, as I wouldn't be surprised if nobody at EFC knows where the new place is.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back