Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

whats wromg with Devil Bumps

Give it a year or two and there will be no issue for space, there will be plenty of space for disabled and non disabled. Once the Americans are in and the new stadium novelty wears off we’ll be ok for space.
Why ? West Ham get 60k. The reality is although lots say they want to stand most want to sit and attendances are high and people will pay for facilities. I am amazed that Goodison sells out with posts in the way, low roofs so people can't see the ball if it goes over head height, crammed toilets etc I think the capacity at BMD is not high enough.

Why ? West Ham get 60k. The reality is although lots say they want to stand most want to sit and attendances are high and people will pay for facilities. I am amazed that Goodison sells out with posts in the way, low roofs so people can't see the ball if it goes over head height, crammed toilets etc I think the capacity at BMD is not high enough.

it’s deffo not!

Yeah mate, part of my thinking is that it gives Friedkins the semblance of a business plan to increase capacity.

Year 1, 52888 (or as someone posted ex Laings allegedly 53k+ not included in calculations)
Year 2, or Year 3, new rail seating 1.3:1 = 55,188
Year 4 or Year 5 take roof off and add capacity East, West and South stands? (or options thereof I don't know) add 7000 seats equivalent across these stands = 62,188

The magic number 60k+ is hit.

It's making me sit here and feel more comfortable that we may not be so limited and within several years Friedkins could go - "Build it" and we go 60k+

It makes me feel much better. They're only adding on apparently not adding other facilities like WCs etc as that is already done.
I suspect capacity could be greatly increased if the roof came off. An additional tier similar in the size to either of the current ones (on the East, South and West stands) would increase capacity by around 33% to around 70k (without included increases via safe standing).
I wonder if there would be room for increased capacity in the next 10 years once our finances have settled and we're on a firmer financial footing. (assuming there is still huge demand for match day and season tickets to facilitate it).
From the aerial views it seems like there would be enough room for a third tier (roughly the same size as the upper tier that would bring capacity closer to 70,000.

Attachments

• IMG_5946.webp
    IMG_5946.webp
    247.8 KB · Views: 1

Yeah mate, part of my thinking is that it gives Friedkins the semblance of a business plan to increase capacity.

Year 1, 52888 (or as someone posted ex Laings allegedly 53k+ not included in calculations)
Year 2, or Year 3, new rail seating 1.3:1 = 55,188
Year 4 or Year 5 take roof off and add capacity East, West and South stands? (or options thereof I don't know) add 7000 seats equivalent across these stands = 62,188

The magic number 60k+ is hit.

It's making me sit here and feel more comfortable that we may not be so limited and within several years Friedkins could go - "Build it" and we go 60k+

It makes me feel much better. They're only adding on apparently not adding other facilities like WCs etc as that is already done.

With you regarding the standing albeit at a slower pace as I can't see it happening that quickly.

I will eat my hat though if BMD gets an extension whilst I still have my own teeth to chew it with. Would 200 million to add 7000 seats make sense? Even if you filled it with £70 tickets for every match (which wouldn't be the case due to concession prices) and neglected interest, you'd be looking at a near 10 million pound return pa. 20 years to make a cent. I doubt that 10 million funnelled into the club would make that much of a difference to build the business case.

Imho a push to 1:1.5 is more likely, with the North stand converted to rail seating and more executive type seating in the East and North stands between the tiers.

I suspect capacity could be greatly increased if the roof came off. An additional tier similar in the size to either of the current ones (on the East, South and West stands) would increase capacity by around 33% to around 70k (without included increases via safe standing).
With you regarding the standing albeit at a slower pace as I can't see it happening that quickly.

I will eat my hat though if BMD gets an extension whilst I still have my own teeth to chew it with. Would 200 million to add 7000 seats make sense? Even if you filled it with £70 tickets for every match (which wouldn't be the case due to concession prices) and neglected interest, you'd be looking at a near 10 million pound return pa. 20 years to make a cent. I doubt that 10 million funnelled into the club would make that much of a difference to build the business case.

Imho a push to 1:1.5 is more likely, with the North stand converted to rail seating and more executive type seating in the East and North stands between the tiers.

Yeah we shall see what happens will be interesting to see. There could be some scope to increase capacity a degree which could help in the interim. Which is comforting. I'm off anyway as my posts discussing this with you have attracted unwanted attention, in this thread. You guys take care.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back