New Everton Stadium

I have no idea and am keen to know myself, seems a strange design choice to leave it ‘visible’ to only then cover it up, but I can’t imagine it being left exposed as I expect it’s would be too much of a hazard for the players if it’s left.
Yes, it’s been my view that it’d be a strange thing to leave - especially if it’s kerb height. You can imagine players skidding into it and blasting their kneecaps.

You speak with certainty, but it hasn’t been certain.

I’m interested in the consensus, as it’s been up for debate.
Well, there's a chance i'm wrong but it's not shown on any of the site layout plans or visualisations but is shown externally. It is also specifically referenced in the Design & Access Statement as being visible in the public realm but no mention of anywhere else.

It also presents a health & safety risk having that exposed at pitch side.

I suspect it's not been covered up at the moment, like the whole perimeter of the pitch hasn't been, because it doesn't form part of the playing surface construction. They will have some other form of surfacing to lay once the pitch is complete.

Yes, it’s been my view that it’d be a strange thing to leave - especially if it’s kerb height. You can imagine players skidding into it and blasting their kneecaps.
Perhaps it will all depend on its proximity to the goal line, if it’s a mtr or so behind maybe they’ll put some sort astroturf cover on for matches but leave it exposed the rest of the time.
Equally, maybe it’s less a ‘design’ choice and more about being able to return the dock to the original state and just so happens to be visible until they turf over it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back