New Everton Stadium

I do think a lot of opinions will change once the stadium is open and full on a match day. Clearly a lot of reservations are around the inside (not that I agree with them) but it's difficult to judge an empty stadium as ultimately they all look similar, let’s be honest. I've no doubt the WOW factor will come from the proximity to the pitch, steepness of the stands and hopefully the noise.
Looks amazing to me. Maybe I’m biased but it’s a lot better looking than the majority of other stadiums in the premier league.

Looks amazing to me. Maybe I’m biased but it’s a lot better looking than the majority of other stadiums in the premier league.

Full stadium with the flood lights on, people watching it on tv from the camera view will change their mind.

Juves stadium reminds me of it (steep stands, low roof, close enough to the pitch )and it's a lot smaller, but looks brilliant.

Attachments

• IMG_8908.webp
    IMG_8908.webp
    715.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8907.webp
    IMG_8907.webp
    469.6 KB · Views: 2
I do think a lot of opinions will change once the stadium is open and full on a match day. Clearly a lot of reservations are around the inside (not that I agree with them) but it's difficult to judge an empty stadium as ultimately they all look similar, lets be honest. I've no doubt the WOW factor will come from the proximity to the pitch, steepness of the stands and hopefully the noise.
100%. Seems to have been an uptick in people finding fault with the inside but the inside of a ground is meant to be seen and experienced full of fans, without fans like any other stadium in the world it’s just some seats facing some grass.

The real aesthetic part is the outside and for me anyway it looks absolutely stunning.

Only because the distance from the pitch gets greater and therefore the distance to the focal point, it doesn't effect the field of vision which is more what I was getting at.

I couldn't tell you whether maintaining the same grade on the entire South Stand would have reduced the >90 value it currently achieves. 🤷‍♂️ I don't believe it would.

A constant c-value tier would be curved in profile, with each step at increasing height. That would not be practical to build, nor safe to use, so stands are usually arranged in a series of constant gradient sections, approximating to the required c-value curve. The top row of each section should have the minimum c-value (the first rows of each section will have higher c-values). Steep Elevated tiers can have lower c-values and be acceptable.

So, the front rows of the upper tier in the South stand will have a higher c-value than the rear rows.

Fans seem to just propa dislike everton recently, probably because over the last few years we've just been one of them nothing clubs, so anything like this they'll just lie to themselves that it's crap.

As others have said, once they visit they'll change their mind ( not that it should matter what some bald southerners who hate our city think anyway)
They're getting worried now.
They all know how big a club Everton are.
They can't point and laugh at us anymore.
They can't claim the new ground is just a pipe dream.
They can see it growing every day into our new home that they'll all envy.
They know already what it stands for.
They know that the stadium plus this pending takeover could be the kick up the arse we've needed for the best part of 30 yrs and they're worried.
They know what a successful Everton mean and they're scared.
They're shitting themselves that we reclaim our place at the top of the game and push their little piss ant clubs back beneath us where they belong.

100%. Seems to have been an uptick in people finding fault with the inside but the inside of a ground is meant to be seen and experienced full of fans, without fans like any other stadium in the world it’s just some seats facing some grass.

The real aesthetic part is the outside and for me anyway it looks absolutely stunning.
I don't know what people were expecting?
Twirly whirly wrap around tv screens?
Rainbow coloured seats?
Trapeze artists flying through the roof structure in breathtaking feats of derring do?
The hanging gardens of Babylon?
Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plains?

The 25 degrees is just a GreenGuide recommendation. The British Standard doesn't suggest anything so there's technically no legislation (as far as i am aware) that prevents standing being steeper than that.

Judging by the height of the riser that's been built I expect the south stand is closer to Option 2 on that image because it's certainly nowhere near 4m high as suggested by Option 3.

I think you're probably right in that the lower section isn't as steep but i don't believe there is much difference from the upper.
The 25 degrees is just a GreenGuide recommendation. The British Standard doesn't suggest anything so there's technically no legislation (as far as i am aware) that prevents standing being steeper than that.

Judging by the height of the riser that's been built I expect the south stand is closer to Option 2 on that image because it's certainly nowhere near 4m high as suggested by Option 3.

I think you're probably right in that the lower section isn't as steep but i don't believe there is much difference from the upper.
It'll be interesting to find out. I'd be surprised if they go against the green guide because you have all the safety advisory groups who issue the licenses. So I'm still going to for 25 on the lower and 34 on the upper but I'm not as certain as was earlier!

I remember someone on here showing a pic of the cross section. and someone mentioned the height of the riser too. I'm not going through 7500 pages to find it though!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back