New Everton Stadium

Well working down through the docks starting at Seaforth, there is no suitable land area other than Trafalgar, it beats me therefore what other dock could be under consideration.

All those northern docks mentioned are still working docks with very little land attached to them. I do not believe for one minute there could be any consideration of filling a dock in!

Do you believe yet? Haha to be fair I don’t think any of us thought Everton would get their crap together enough to actually make that happen

Whats the story of that "hydraulic tower" in the immediate proximity of the stadium? (Asked before about that beautiful tower clock, and thanks for the infos) both facsinating contructions
I think because the cranes used on the dock side would've been hydraulic and this building would house the pumps. Quite common in Victorian engineering to have shared mechanical power from a central place.

Sightlines would be exactly the same if the gradient was constant. That being said, maybe there is a slight difference in the upper and lower. The Green Guide recommends a max of 25 degrees for safe standing but the lower Tier is definitely steeper than that. Think we're somewhere inbetween 2 and 3 on the below.

View attachment 274679
Another thing. How can they even consider option 2 and 3, when option 1 was so good?

When the initial plans were released absolutely no one said it would be better if they split that stand in two and only gave half a Blue Wall. Yet Everton, being Everton, manage to do what Everton does best and interfere and make things worse.

I know everyone is excited and wants to let things go and overlook things, but that was not a good decision.

Another thing. How can they even consider option 2 and 3, when option 1 was so good?

When the initial plans were released absolutely no one said it would be better if they split that stand in two and only gave half a Blue Wall. Yet Everton, being Everton, manage to do what Everton does best and interfere and make things worse.

I know everyone is excited and wants to let things go and overlook things, but that was not a good decision.
There were a few things that lead to the decrease in the south stand, one was the tall buildings SRF, another was cost. To allow the larger south stand the roof line was higher at the southern end meaning the entire roof was on a slant. That also meant that every single roof truss was different. That increased engineering challenges and costs immensely.

all going well I should have my first video up in over a week today, had a mini heart attack and been in hospital a week. gave the family a bit of a scare 😀 but can wait to get down there today
Never mind bleedin videos. You get yourself sorted before worrying about videos.
Hope youre on the way to a full recovery and feeling better. Scary shît that. 💙 💐

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back