New kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, the badge looks better in B&W...IMHO. So, if the Away & 3rd kit is like that, it may be better...

I have no idea. Am I meant to? Seems to me the outsourcing was a case of short termism to get cash in upfront ahead of the Kirkby stadium decision. That's what was at the back of the Kitbag giveaway: money in hand to push on with a stadium move,

We shouldn't be ouitsourcing full stop. Surely we can expect club officers with MBAs and a director brought on board to offer his 'global reputation and expertise as a commercial operator' to come up with a way of making this work for us?

A ten year deal with Kitbag worth £3M per year for everything, whilst a club like Villa get £4M per year just for selling their kit themselves?

That's not right.
So, 4 years ago Villa were on a £2m a year deal with Nike and Everton topped that yardstick with a £3m a year deal.

Time moves on, Villa's deal runs out and they top our deal with a £3.75m deal.

So for a few years we had £1m more than Villa and now for the next few years they have £750k more than us. Small beer.

I don't know what inflation is in football but the TV deal went from £1.78bn to £3bn in that time.

Next time we will top Villa's deal.

Edit:

Oh and you say £3m for everything - there was also an additional £300K a year for Le Coq merchandise which you have missed out. So Everton's deal of £3.3m a year is pretty close to Villa's deal £3.75m + retail (Profit/Loss).

Who knows if Villa make a profit or a loss on their retail operation? That is the huge missing quantity in this whole equation.

Let's face it davek, for all you or I know we might have the better deal.

Last edited:

i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/loveevertonforum/newevertonkit2013-14loveevertonforum.png

I can't post images, but if you put the above in the top search bar it is the new kit

cpsdiNn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back