New Kits 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate what they have done with our club colours. We are Royal Blue, not any other shade of blue.

Am I the only one who hasn't noticed this? The only time I can remember us having a different shade of blue is when we had that Le Coq Sportif kit with the white V. It was a lighter blue. Any other time it's always looked royal blue to me?

Am I the only one who hasn't noticed this? The only time I can remember us having a different shade of blue is when we had that Le Coq Sportif kit with the white V. It was a lighter blue. Any other time it's always looked royal blue to me?

My line of work means I noticed these things I suppose.

This years kit is well off though the sleeves probably make it look more off than it actually is.

The worst was the one2one kit with the yellow and white band on a few years ago. The 14/15 one was well off as well (though actually a nice enough shirt.)

My line of work means I noticed these things I suppose.

This years kit is well off though the sleeves probably make it look more off than it actually is.

The worst was the one2one kit with the yellow and white band on a few years ago. The 14/15 one was well off as well (though actually a nice enough shirt.)

The Howard Kendall third reign kit? My god that was dreadful! I think the fella who designed that must of been drinking vinegar and horse urine cocktails.

My favourite Umbro home kit was this one

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-23_1-10-52.webp
    upload_2018-4-23_1-10-52.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 165

Not remotely crucial - Players, managers and decent football are the crucial bit. Everything else is for LadBible beauts*. Was it absolutely crucial to get on board with a better kit supplier when we were bossing the league and winning the CWC kitted up in Le Coq Sportif?

Man City, Real Madrid or Barcelona could be head to toe in Lonsdale and nobody would be remotely arsed. In fact Lonsdale would get massively hip. Look at Kappa in the 90's, absolute gash but they had a couple of decent Italian club kits and boomed off the back of it.

* I'm 100% wool but "Beaut" is one of those Scouse words which is absolutely more suitable than anything in the English dictionary within this particular context.

There was a great article in WSAG recently about them in the late 70s/early 80s and how they were basically an Adidas licence with a free reign on design. Frankly we just need a much better financial deal and as long as we steer clear of being grouped in with the 'teamwear' set of clubs the gear will be fine regardless of supplier.

There were a few dodgy one 2 one kits that almost looked light blue late 90s or early 2000s. 14/15 looked quite a dark blue although I liked that one (despite the team being awful).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back