New Stadium- How to size it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear this may have gone over your head.

But they wouldn't be coming from nowhere anyway. Everton are selling out thousands of obstructed views every week. Our fan base is growing despite not being as good as we were a few years ago.

We can't even fill a 40.000 stadium for every game, how will we fill a 60.000 with no long-term succes? The only reason inmo is to get one over the RS. We realy don't 60.000+ at moment

Tottenham's new stadium (set to be completed in around 18 months) will have a capacity of 61,000. What's more, Chelsea, Man City and Sunderland (yes, Sunderland!) all have plans to increase the capacities of their respective stadia to well in excess of 60,000.

With that in mind, building a brand-new stadium with a capacity of just 50,000 would send out a message to the world that EFC is a second rate club that can only think small. The likes of Newcastle, Arsenal, Man City, West Ham, Liverpool and Man Utd all have bigger stadia than that today.

We can't even fill a 40.000 stadium for every game, how will we fill a 60.000 with no long-term succes? The only reason inmo is to get one over the RS. We realy don't 60.000+ at moment

This argument that we would struggle to fill a new stadium with a capacity of 60,000 or more because we don't fill Goodison every week is very misleading indeed. According to the club's own data, over a quarter of the seats at Goodison have an obstructed view! I wouldn't expect any club in world football to fill such a stadium every week. Who wants to fork out £40 to sit behind a post? In our new state-of-the-art stadium, none of the seats will have an even remotely obstructed view.

Moving to a new stadium invariably increases a club's attendances massively. For instance, West Ham's average attendance has increased by 20,000 this season. Are you saying that West Ham are a bigger club than us?

Goodison Park has always and will always have a permanent place in my heart,it has been our home since 1892 and in its prime was the BEST football stadium in England!. But we now have a new hierarchy in charge who appear to be very proactive and really want the Club to reclaim a place at the top table of the Premier League,and unfortunately we have no choice but to relocate to a new stadium. If we get the green light for the Dock site the Club have the opportunity to, once again, have the best stadium in the land. A 65.000k+ fortress,with surrounding entertainments/bars and restaurants, could only enhance the match going experience and be a big tourist attraction for all visitors to the city and just 10 minutes from the city centre. The time is right for Everton, at last to stand up and be " the biggest and the best " once again. We've suffered the demise of our fortunes for too long, let's not miss this opportunity to progress. With a state of the art football citadel we will begin the future rise of our Great Club.

A lot of math in that one. From what remember I think 60k seems pretty reasonable with an ability to add 5-10k depending on support and consistent success. Though it seems support has been very strong despite limited success for this current sustained period.

Proud, loyal Evertonians there.

One thing that personally bothers me is when a stadium is a quarter empty or something. It just looks and feels bad (Etihad...?). So rather go smaller and always have a packed house, that's just me though. I relate it to dancing. No one wants to dance in a big space they like it compact, once again maybe this is just me.

I know teams like Milan close off the top tier on two sides I think, keep everyone together instead of seats scattered all over the place would be nice. 50-60 with 10k of the 60k only opened for sell outs like Liverpool and United.

We've sold out every home game this season apart from Tuesday, when tickets (nearly all of them, if not all were obstructed views) were close to £50 for non-season ticket holders for a mid week game when we'd won 1 game in 10. Our record against Arsenal also stood at 1 win in 19.

Our capacity is now just short of 39,600 and even the Arsenal game that didn't sell out had an attendance of 39,510.

Plenty of sides have upgraded or built new stadiums and don't always sell out either. Sunderland, West Ham and Man City. Not to mention the RS who had well over 1,000 unsold tickets for their "biggest" game of the season against Man United, and always have around 1,000 short of capacity after getting their nice new big stand.

We've sold out every home game this season apart from Tuesday, when tickets (nearly all of them, if not all were obstructed views) were close to £50 for non-season ticket holders for a mid week game when we'd won 1 game in 10. Our record against Arsenal also stood at 1 win in 19.

Our capacity is now just short of 39,600 and even the Arsenal game that didn't sell out had an attendance of 39,510.

Plenty of sides have upgraded or built new stadiums and don't always sell out either. Sunderland, West Ham and Man City. Not to mention the RS who had well over 1,000 unsold tickets for their "biggest" game of the season against Man United, and always have around 1,000 short of capacity after getting their nice new big stand.

<applauds>

This argument that we would struggle to fill a new stadium with a capacity of 60,000 or more because we don't fill Goodison every week is very misleading indeed. According to the club's own data, over a quarter of the seats at Goodison have an obstructed view! I wouldn't expect any club in world football to fill such a stadium every week. Who wants to fork out £40 to sit behind a post? In our new state-of-the-art stadium, none of the seats will have an even remotely obstructed view.

Moving to a new stadium invariably increases a club's attendances massively. For instance, West Ham's average attendance has increased by 20,000 this season. Are you saying that West Ham are a bigger club than us?

"Obstructed view" does not necessarily mean one is sat behind a post.

Anyone sitting more than a few rows back in the Lower Bullens might be nowhere near a post but because of the overhang from the Upper B one loses sight of the ball when it goes about twenty feet in the air.

It is horrendous.

I have no doubt we would as near as darnitt shift over 55,000 tickets on a regular basis with a fit for purpose stadium priced reasonably and affordablly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back