Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Lamps is that kinda guy to sit off and blame everyone and everything else. He'll make changes
Well VDB will play regular so that probably keeps Gomes out, DCL will probably keep Townsend out (who I think is much better coming on) Gordon looks a player, let’s hope Gray injury isn’t to bad. Defence is a bit of a worry, so Keane and Holgate will have to up there games, Braithwaite I have confidence in. Also our 2 new fullbacks have hardly featured playing them might well help us improve. Out there tonight was mainly the same players we’ve played all season, new signing bedded in we will look much different.

First goals for Trippier and Fraser for Newcastle, also Wood scored, would have been his first but he was offside, sorry Wood we tried, maybe next time. We must be the most accommodating team in World football.
Fraser has scored for them before.

Your point is still valid though.

My thoughts on each player (for the 1`st time)
Pickford - should have done better for the third, otherwise ok 6/10
Coleman - sad to see the decline of a great player 4/10
Keane - ok 6/10
Mina - Great centre back but too fragile 4/10
Holgate - ok 6/10
Allan - far too slow 4/10
Gomes - really slow and poor 3/10
Townsend - totally anonymous 3/10
Gray - Injured but again anonymous 3/10
Richarlison - chicken without a head 3/10
Gordon - started like a world beater, faded badly 5/10
Substitutes
Deli - did nothing 3/10
Van der Beek - A few nice touches 4/11
Branthwaite - a few mistakes but a star in the making 5/10.

Another poor performance. It's getting boring now really. Gotta hold our hands up and say St Maximan ripped us a new one tonight. Literally couldn't handle him all night and he was the difference. Just got to put this behind us and focus on Saturday now but the outlook is glum. Just can't see where the points are going to come from.

Out fought for every ball. Lack of ideas when we had the ball. Nobody had a clue what to do with Saint Maximan. Beaten by the better side on the night. We need to show a lot more quality, desire and fight than that. Newcastle looked like they wanted it more all night.

He’s too injury prone mate. I know when fit he’s a good player. I’m just P155ed off because he’s made of glass. Just a let feel let down by all of them tbh.
I know it not his fault but it just frustrated me
No I do get you mate, it’s so frustrating isn’t it. Predictable performances and injuries all of the time. They are all letting us down, big changes needed from the lot of them if we’re to stay up!

So how do you explain us signing two number 10s then?
The new manager wanted them, one was a loan the other won’t affect us financially till next season

A new CB would have cost a pretty penny when we already have bodies there, we’ve been a dead duck in midfield so we got extra cover there

What’s happened to you man, you used to be one of the most level headed posters on here?

After Anfield there can't be a worse place to put in that type of performance. I'm not even sure it's down to a lack of effort, our players are just awful.
Agree. So so poor. Frank says he does not mind what Ali wears or drives. What matters is what he does on the pitch. Which was f all tonight. What a desperate bunch they are. We are going down mate They do not deserve to stay up. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.