• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle Utd (and Viz)

Nar they probably wont.

It took City a long, long time and that was without any restrictions.
That's kinda my point, I keep seeing these idiots on TV and whatnot saying about who they are going to sign and what they are going to do next season but like you say it will take at the very least a few years to get going properly imo.

No more odious than Usmanov investing in us, no more odious than the Yanks investing in Liverpool, the Glaziers at United.

Find me a billionaire who isnt morally corrupt.
Saudi Arabia is quite a bit beyond "morally corrupt". Yes usmanov is a shady pig but Newcastle are being bought directly by a state which is involved in funding terrorism, slavery, state sponsored murder, waging war in Yemen etc.

Unfortunately this country itself profits from such a regime, and so I'm not surprised the takeover has gone through.

The world is a bad place.

I’m going for Steve Bruce to say “ It’s not about me, it’s about the club. I grew up as a fan remember ! “

And he will have a holiday brochure tucked under his arm and a fat brown envelope in his hand.

Saudi Arabia is quite a bit beyond "morally corrupt". Yes usmanov is a shady pig but Newcastle are being bought directly by a state which is involved in funding terrorism, slavery, state sponsored murder, waging war in Yemen etc.

Unfortunately this country itself profits from such a regime, and so I'm not surprised the takeover has gone through.

The world is a bad place.
Usmanov is a Putin puppet.

Russia does everything the Saudis do, but 10 times worse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back