News of Ex Players

Same as me, haven't allowed myself to get too attached to a player since

He was special, the best young player in the world at the time and he was ours.

When you look at what Kane enabled at Spurs and the legacy he's left there - we could have had that with him here.

We will do the same with Branthwaite as well, no ambition at the club and we wonder why we cant compete with the top 6 - maybe if we stopped selling them our best young players.....

When you look at what Kane enabled at Spurs and the legacy he's left there - we could have had that with him here.

We will do the same with Branthwaite as well, no ambition at the club and we wonder why we cant compete with the top 6 - maybe if we stopped selling them our best young players.....
Also the fans always accepted we had to sell our players to the bigger clubs... that was the managed decline by BK and his cronies, why should we ever have accept that, obviously the current plight with the corrupt PSR rules should be the only exception.

Also the fans always accepted we had to sell our players to the bigger clubs... that was the managed decline by BK and his cronies, why should we ever have accept that, obviously the current plight with the corrupt PSR rules should be the only exception.

Agree 100% mate - i find the psychology around it interesting - 100% of this forum have already accepted that Branthwaite will be sold next summer without a whimper. Its a real reflection point.

There was a time at this club the administration was hounded out by fans partly for selling Duncan Ferguson. What happened.

Agree 100% mate - i find the psychology around it interesting - 100% of this forum have already accepted that Branthwaite will be sold next summer without a whimper. Its a real reflection point.

There was a time at this club the administration was hounded out by fans partly for selling Duncan Ferguson. What happened.
That's what has annoyed me the most about the Moshiri era. I hoped when we got a richer owner that it would enable us to invest in young players and keep those who turned out to be good. Instead we wasted money on older players and gave money to the clubs who didn't need it for their cast offs

That's what has annoyed me the most about the Moshiri era. I hoped when we got a richer owner that it would enable us to invest in young players and keep those who turned out to be good. Instead we wasted money on older players and gave money to the clubs who didn't need it for their cast offs

Its an excellent point and not reflected on a lot mate. We've actually sold almost all of our young talent under Moshiri and raised a hell of a lot of money that's gone no where.

Lukakau, Stones, Barkley, Richarlison, Gordon, Onana and we have Jarrod to go.

What good or what improvement does selling our best players really bring?

There was an article reflecting on the club and its demotion in the PL pecking order yesterday from starting out as the big 5 to now. While its nothing we don't know i thought it was a good staging point for reflection.

Its an excellent point and not reflected on a lot mate. We've actually sold almost all of our young talent under Moshiri and raised a hell of a lot of money that's gone no where.

Lukakau, Stones, Barkley, Richarlison, Gordon, Onana and we have Jarrod to go.

What good or what improvement does selling our best players really bring?

There was an article reflecting on the club and its demotion in the PL pecking order yesterday from starting out as the big 5 to now. While its nothing we don't know i thought it was a good staging point for reflection.

You have to look at the players that have since left us for free. Niasse, Tosun, Walcott, Gomes, Mina, Gbamin*, Schneiderlin*, Iceland*.
Makes cases like Antonee Robinson, Ademola Lookman, Gerard Deloufeu, sting that much more.
We've had a few good players, we've had a whirlwind of numbnuts managers that've been all wrong, Moyes gets dogs abuse for a lot of things, but the stability he provided and not being mugged on players is a world from where we are, he was so tight with the clubs cash like it was always his last fiver. Then the bertie-big-balls days arrived and it was crazy high transfer deals all over the show. The club has actually managed to work it's way backwards to the penniless no hope days of the peter johnson era.

No money, no faith, no future (besides BMD), no plan, no idea. All that hard work treading water and bargain dealing up in smoke. There's some bad chancers we've had asleep at the wheel here. All that waste.

Kanes hardly a legacy, done zilch hes actually abit of a laughing stock

How can you even compare that rooney staying at everton would of been a good idea for him

Hes won the lot numerous times at man utd its a absolute no brainer, just because he stayed we wouldnt of done loads better

Kanes hardly a legacy, done zilch hes actually abit of a laughing stock

How can you even compare that rooney staying at everton would of been a good idea for him

Hes won the lot numerous times at man utd its a absolute no brainer, just because he stayed we wouldnt of done loads better
100s of goals?

Will never forgive the club for not letting me see one of my favourite ever players play for us live. Misery.
Agreed, I would have loved to see him at GP. A talented, skilful player that would have had the crowd off their feet constantly. I often think about that pass he made to Richarlison, not many Everton players of the last ten years would have even thought about the pass never mind execute it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back