News of Ex Players

Our contribution to the lower leagues continues. Didn't Bolassie score also (a fluke) for Boro, and I never ever remember his name, our hero who scored in injury time to beat the RS? Can't even remember who in the Championship he plays for either. I hope we provide the Championship with a few more scoring heroes this close season after we unload more of our second rate players.

Hi guys. Recently I heard a small Russian-language podcast about the Premier League. They mainly discussed West Ham and David Moyes and asked Diniyar Bilyaletdinov a few questions about him. I decided to share a couple of interesting points (Sorry for my English).

22:00 What were the training sessions under Moyes? Is the stereotype that he loved simple football true? - Yes I agree. I don't remember many tactical activities. A lot of simple, standard things that any team does, but with high intensity. Moyes approved: a lot of running, struggles, quick delivery of the ball to the attack by any player, crosses.
23.25 He says that such players as Pieinar and Arteta were responsible for the improvisation in the attack on the principle of "Do what you want" and the team "unexpectedly" could play combination football, but not on a permanent basis.
26.40 Why does West Ham score a lot from set pieces? How were they trained in your day? - I remember that Everton scored a lot at set points, but I don't remember that we would somehow train in a special way or come up with some tricky combinations. Mostly blocking and not much time, 45-50 minutes. Ordinary things. I think Everton was strong in set pieces primarily because he had players who were dangerous (Cahill, Felaini, etc.) and players who could get the ball where it needed to go (Arteta, Baines). He remembers several of his assists in set pieces.
29.00 Says Moyes loved the high density in the center of the field. Strong central defenders and fast edges. There should be "burnt earth" in the a zone in front of their team's CB.
31.00 Believes Moes has found the right team for him. He thinks that the Spanish championship is not for Moyes and that no one would help Sunderland. Manchester's problems were not in the coach, as evidenced by the failure of the coaches after him. Journalist: You talk about him as if you are worried about him. Diniyar: I'm not worried, but I wish him the best. If he succeeds and gets into the Champions League, I can tell my son: Look, this uncle trained me too. (Laughs).
33.00 About Anceloti. Thinks David Moyes' Everton is "More interesting" than the current one. Lack of solidity on the pitch. They will deserve their place in the table. Too dependent on individual players. He believes that James does not live up to expectations. Says that winning at Anfield is not an indicator of progress, Liverpool is weak right now. Winning Anfield = Successful Season for Everton? - No. There are many things more important than winning an empty Anfield.
Sees no chance with Manchester City on Saturday.

Hi guys. Recently I heard a small Russian-language podcast about the Premier League. They mainly discussed West Ham and David Moyes and asked Diniyar Bilyaletdinov a few questions about him. I decided to share a couple of interesting points (Sorry for my English).

22:00 What were the training sessions under Moyes? Is the stereotype that he loved simple football true? - Yes I agree. I don't remember many tactical activities. A lot of simple, standard things that any team does, but with high intensity. Moyes approved: a lot of running, struggles, quick delivery of the ball to the attack by any player, crosses.
23.25 He says that such players as Pieinar and Arteta were responsible for the improvisation in the attack on the principle of "Do what you want" and the team "unexpectedly" could play combination football, but not on a permanent basis.
26.40 Why does West Ham score a lot from set pieces? How were they trained in your day? - I remember that Everton scored a lot at set points, but I don't remember that we would somehow train in a special way or come up with some tricky combinations. Mostly blocking and not much time, 45-50 minutes. Ordinary things. I think Everton was strong in set pieces primarily because he had players who were dangerous (Cahill, Felaini, etc.) and players who could get the ball where it needed to go (Arteta, Baines). He remembers several of his assists in set pieces.
29.00 Says Moyes loved the high density in the center of the field. Strong central defenders and fast edges. There should be "burnt earth" in the a zone in front of their team's CB.
31.00 Believes Moes has found the right team for him. He thinks that the Spanish championship is not for Moyes and that no one would help Sunderland. Manchester's problems were not in the coach, as evidenced by the failure of the coaches after him. Journalist: You talk about him as if you are worried about him. Diniyar: I'm not worried, but I wish him the best. If he succeeds and gets into the Champions League, I can tell my son: Look, this uncle trained me too. (Laughs).
33.00 About Anceloti. Thinks David Moyes' Everton is "More interesting" than the current one. Lack of solidity on the pitch. They will deserve their place in the table. Too dependent on individual players. He believes that James does not live up to expectations. Says that winning at Anfield is not an indicator of progress, Liverpool is weak right now. Winning Anfield = Successful Season for Everton? - No. There are many things more important than winning an empty Anfield.
Sees no chance with Manchester City on Saturday.

Yeh. He is right. Moyes Everton was miles better then the current one. At least on a good day. The problem was that they had large periods in the season with bad results. James not up for it thats so obvious....