News of Ex Players

A big pat on the back for our great ex goalie Nev Southall who left his house at 4am to get to the Everton tower and support the EITC 5k run. He smiled for lots of photos with the blues runners and chatted away to anyone who came up to him. Gave a great little motivational speech at the start of the run as well. He would be a better match pundit on tv than some who are currently on ( Owen macmanaman merson etc )
Well done Nev and well done all the runners it’s a great cause ???

….played against Tony Kay once. He was old, I was in my early 20s. He was hard as nails, amazingly strong man. Like bumping into a brick wall, there’s not many you play against who are like that.
I have said before he would have the greatest player i have seen if it wasn't for the ban ,he would have been in the World Cup squad ,can you imagine him and Ball running the midfield for [England] and [Everton]

Peter Clarke scored last night in Tranmere's 2-0 win, now 4th in the table.

Clarkey was no Jimmy Greaves but he does have his moments like this. Solid performer in defence for Pool when we needed a strong leader to keep things together and steady as we began to climb the leagues.

Brentford have certainly reached goals that would have been beyond their wildest dreams back then.

….really excellent listen and great insight into the Baxter story, EFC & football itself.

I honestly think this podcast deserves it’s own thread as a must listen for Evertonians. Perhaps a consideration for @GrandOldTeam, @roydo @Groucho & the other mods.
I listened to the first few minutes and realised I’d recently read part of it in The Athletic. It mentioned that Jose Baxter was now coaching with our u16s while he gets his Badges. There’ll be a few on GOT who‘ll go apoplectic when they find out, old boys network etc , but by all accounts he’s got talent and ambition as a coach. I guess he no longer qualifies as “news of ex players” !

Indeed. I remember it as” He’s short, he’s round, he’s worth a million pound, Peter Reid…”
Oh here!....that could indeed be it. Can't remember what I had for my tea last night never mind 30 to 40 years ago. Don't think I'm misremembering how great he was though. Gracias for the correction. ?