• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is right Dave.
We all need to get right behind him from the off.
Going to be tough like, and with a few players back it could just click.

We have seen the first signs of discipline - via Unsy why because he cares!
that fight back to 3-2 was extraordinary, but do you know what impressed me 3-2 up we actually pressed forwards for a fourth goal we played 12 minutes of pressing football - Watford are not a bad side they had most of the possession in that game v a low confident team of a poor squad!

I don't want him as the next long term Everton boss but if it comes to a short term post between him and Allardyce then I'd probably go with him. If it doesn't work out, then get fat sam in.
I think the palace game will tell us a lot about him, how he sets up, does he drop Rooney etc. What harm in waiting a couple more games till getting fat sam in.
So if you’re first choice doesn’t work out you’d go for the reject? That makes no sense!! Then again going for Unsworth doesn’t make sense on its own.

I don't want him as the next long term Everton boss but if it comes to a short term post between him and Allardyce then I'd probably go with him. If it doesn't work out, then get fat sam in.
I think the palace game will tell us a lot about him, how he sets up, does he drop Rooney etc. What harm in waiting a couple more games till getting fat sam in.

The harm in waiting a couple of more games to get him in mate, is that it considerably strengthens his position and considerably weakens ours.

If what's reported is true, that we told him to do one, due to his over the the top wage demands, we'd be in no position to knock him over those demands again.

What's to say he wouldn't ask for more if we're back in it again.

He'll have the whip hand mate and wouid undoubtedly use it to his full advantage.

Unsworth based on winning one game out of 4? Is that the bar we have set?

Wow we are in trouble then!

So what happens in two months if unsworth is struggling and we are rooted to the bottom 3 then? Look for a third manager this season? Another embarrassment on the club this year.

Surely someone at the club realises that? Unsworth would HAVE to turn out form around now, and leaking goals and losing games isn't a sign of that. No matter the mess of a squad he was given, he hasn't improved us in any way. Koeman won games before and he was sacked as a result.

I do genuinely believe if we give it to unsworth we will be in serious trouble and could well be making the call and being rejected by allardyce later down the line. Either that or having to give him his longer contract just to keep us up because we allowed sentiment to get in the way of actual ambition.

The club isn't changing, we continue to make joke decisions

We have seen the first signs of discipline - via Unsy why because he cares!
that fight back to 3-2 was extraordinary, but do you know what impressed me 3-2 up we actually pressed forwards for a fourth goal we played 12 minutes of pressing football - Watford are not a bad side they had most of the possession in that game v a low confident team of a poor squad!
Yeah and that pressing football left gaps for them to get in and win a penalty. That win against Watford could prove very damaging to Everton Football Club over the long term. We got lucky and it’s potentially given our owners the easy option which I believe will take us down.

Not my preference but I wouldn't be unhappy about him taking us to the season's end.

I would be concerned if the Everton player anarcho-syndicalist dressing room revolted again with the "wrong" choice of manager for them.

At least we know (those two ball bags aside) the players will give him everything.
Are you sure the latest Mirallas/Schneiderlin shenanigans arent evidence of a revolt?

And would you still be happy if we are in the relegation zone in 3 games time which we very well could be?

Unsworth has got his starting line-up wrong in every game of his four.
In your opinion, but it would be impossible to please everyone with a team selection, especially with this squad.

I’m yet to see anyone name a starting 11 for us this season that looks strong.

So if you’re first choice doesn’t work out you’d go for the reject? That makes no sense!! Then again going for Unsworth doesn’t make sense on its own.
Mate, If I had my way, we'd appoint Simeone or Tuchel or Sliva but none of them will join us mid season.
So we're left with Unsworth, Allardyce and Dyche.
I also happen to think Dyche won't jump horse mid race,
that leaves Unsy and fat sam.
That's why I'd give Unsworth a few more games before smashing the panic glass and hiring fat sam.

In your opinion, but it would be impossible to please everyone with a team selection, especially with this squad.

I’m yet to see anyone name a starting 11 for us this season that looks strong.

In my opinion?

Not really mate, in 360+ minutes of football he's been ahead for only the 10 mins of injury time against Watford

I'd suggest that he's quite clearly got it wrong every time

Unsworth odds have shortened today, last I looked he was favourite with Sam drifting (on a very big Lilo).

I'm worried that he lacks the experience to make sure we avoid the drop, but I can see the sense in giving him a few more games to see if things improve and if so keep him until the summer, then go all out for Moshiri's number one target.

Most bookies base their payouts on the next permanent manager based on between 8-10 games in charge. This may be reflective of the fact we are deliberating on getting the new gaffer in. Something which I agree with. It should be carefully considered. Probably more indicative of bookie protocols than an indication he is gonna get it.

The harm in waiting a couple of more games to get him in mate, is that it considerably strengthens his position and considerably weakens ours.

If what's reported is true, that we told him to do one, due to his over the the top wage demands, we'd be in no position to knock him over those demands again.

What's to say he wouldn't ask for more if we're back in it again.

He'll have the whip hand mate and wouid undoubtedly use it to his full advantage.
nothing at all.
I just think Unsworth deserves at least a couple more games to see if he can build on that Watford win. If he can't, then pay for a firefighter till the end of the season. He might cost more but he'd be cheaper than any of the top level managers that'll replace him if he keeps us up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back