Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guus Hiddink is a decent shout, a good manager who has a good record. Wouldn't be my first choice but would surely be an improvement!!!!

Compared to other clubs our spending is miniscule. Also, a top manager will want top wages, he will want the top players, who will cost top, top Dollar, who will also want top wages, when would FFP kick in for us?

Our spending isn't miniscule at all, we've just needlessly wasted 14 million pound on the next Bilyaletdinov, and that follows two summers in which we have spent serious cash. The last two years have seen us spend over 50 million in total.

FFP limits clubs to the spending of revenue and that's all Everton have been doing, and that's because our revenues have totally boomed in the last couple of years. The English version of FFP has stupid rules on how much you can increase player wages with TV money, but I don't believe that relates to manager wages. Furthermore, I wouldn't worry too much about that anyway, seeing as we will be getting rid of 200k a week in wages from releasing our deadwood in the summer.

You are desperate to come up with excuses as to why Everton can only ever live within the financial realms of an also-ran. This is at a time when our transfer and wage expenditure will dwarf that of some of the top European clubs on the continent. We can now offer much higher wages to a manager that is currently managing on the continent, and we can most probably offer them a much higher transfer budget than they will get at their European clubs.

Newcastle are hiring ex-Real Madrid managers whilst they lie in the relegation zone, but a similar level of investment will always be beyond Everton apparently.

Guus Hiddink is a decent shout, a good manager who has a good record. Wouldn't be my first choice but would surely be an improvement!!!!
Going off his previous stance he doesn't seem to want a long term prem job, he's turned down longer deals at Chelsea 3 times

Our spending isn't miniscule at all, we've just needlessly wasted 14 million pound on the next Bilyaletdinov, and that follows two summers in which we have spent serious cash. The last two years have seen us spend over 50 million in total.

FFP limits clubs to the spending of revenue and that's all Everton have been doing, and that's because our revenues have totally boomed in the last couple of years. The English version of FFP has stupid rules on how much you can increase player wages with TV money, but I don't believe that relates to manager wages. Furthermore, I wouldn't worry too much about that anyway, seeing as we will be getting rid of 200k a week in wages from releasing our deadwood in the summer.

You are desperate to come up with excuses as to why Everton can only ever live within the financial realms of an also-ran. This is at a time when our transfer and wage expenditure will dwarf that of some of the top European clubs on the continent. We can now offer much higher wages to a manager that is currently managing on the continent, and we can most probably offer them a much higher transfer budget than they will get at their European clubs.

Newcastle are hiring ex-Real Madrid managers whilst they lie in the relegation zone, but a similar level of investment will always be beyond Everton apparently.

Fair play, you make it sound all too easy mate.

Don't think you can really say we've wasted £14m on a player who has hardly had a kick, if he does turn out crap, then it will be a waste.

I think player and managers wages do count towards ffp.

@bizzaro

And though we have spent a fair bit, relative to the rest of the league it's still not thy much

I think player and managers wages do count towards ffp.

@bizzaro

And though we have spent a fair bit, relative to the rest of the league it's still not thy much

Relative to European football it can not be described as being miniscule in any way. Then you have to consider the expenditure that will be available if the likes of Lukaku and Stones are sold. And our squad is already the bestest in the last 30 years, so that's really not a bad platform to be offering a manager is it?

In addition to this, the new manager would be signing a new contract that is equivalent to him wining the Euro-millions, I guess he will just have to put up with our 'measly' 20-30 million pound a year transfer budgets. But where is the attraction in that? How could he possibly cope?

It would be interesting to hear whether the English FFP rules do include manager wages? They aren't players, so I don't see why they should.

bluestevonPlayer Valuation: £500k
Still love to wake up tomorrow to the headlines announcing Bielsa or Tuchel as the new man in charge like, just someone who credentials wold just knock us all off our chairs and get us pumped up massively...

thats the fantasy though and i know it, aint got a snowballs chance in hell of happening so im left to the reality which then gets me hoping for Vitor, and i know a fair few mad porto season ticket holders who also follow all our games live who just regarded him as a yes man and honestly dont rate him and reckon hes all wrong for us (havnt spoken to them for a few weeks like so dunno if portos end of the season changed their opinion much either)... yet guess the lure of the unknown and exotic has a allure at these times like for me against the opinion of people who know him a lot better than 99% of us on here....

Reality is that i know its gonna be Martinez and it scares me, been through the pros and cons of him a million times and on paper i can see why hes not a bad choice, just something in my gut is bricking it about next year with him at the helm...

Moment he signs though hes got my full support until such time as my guts proved right, pray to god that time doesnt arrive though and he does spot on for us

bluestevon, Jun 3, 2013

There are quite a few blues who openly admit that they do not want the best there is, they believe this would involve selling our soul. I'm not saying that Everton can necessarily go out and select a manager and they will definitely come without hesitation, but I am saying that we can now pay our managers the same amount of cash that Zinedine Zidane is receiving at Real Madrid, and that this amount of cash is enough to get someone from the very top tier, and not the next Moyes in Eddie Howe.

I'm not sure we are in a position to do this though. I guess we need to wait and see what Moshiri has planned. He may be a cautious type. Who knows yet.

I'm not sure we are in a position to do this though. I guess we need to wait and see what Moshiri has planned. He may be a cautious type. Who knows yet.

My opinion is that the TV money makes this possible anyway. It's the increase in TV money which is upholding my belief in my opinions, not the hope that Moshiri will prop us up with investment, although that would be very welcome if he did.

Bielsa would my first choice. Arrogant, no nonsense and can manage big personalities. Also out of a job and i think would jump at a chance to manage us!

What makes you think they are better than De Boer mate? I am not saying you are wrong. I don't follow dutch football as much over the last couple of years as I did, but De Boer seemed to take an Ajax side who'd not won much to 3 consecutive league titles which would seem a fantastic achievement.
Well, neither would be my top choice. I think you have to bear in mind that the season before de Boer became Ajax manager, that league was won by Steve McLaren at Twente - the worst manager in the PL this season - even worse than Martinez. Says it all.

I think De Boer had an easier job - at that point, Ajax were already only a point off being champions. And he had being in the managerial circle for a couple of years.

In the 6 seasons that De Boer has managed Ajax, they have never got out of a Champions League group and this season didn't even get to the group stage. They've played every season in the EL while he has been manager and barely won a match.

Cocu on the other hand got the PSV job three-quarters of the way thru the season with them sitting 4th - improved them to 3rd - took them up to 2nd in his first season, back to 4th then won it and is now on top again. Got out of their CL group this season, knocking Man Utd out. Is growing and improving as a manager all the time

I wouldn't go for either of them as I said. But Cocu would be way ahead of de Boer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back