Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

And you post a video from 2013 to prove my point.

With insight from Carralllaaaaaaaaaaa and Gary Neville, Oh Ian.

Ian, Ian, Ian.
When was your video from?

And don't fall into the trap of criticising the person/s making the point as appose criticising what they were saying. Do you not think what Carragher and Neville were saying here carried weight at the time?

You get what you deserve and the way a lot of our fans are these days, we deserve very little. They think they're funny, they're actually just ****'s. We'll end up with either a mid tier manager with ambition like Martinez again or someone after a paycheck, I really don't give a **** anymore. The way I'm starting to feel about Everton is the way I've felt about England for years now but unlike with England it's not the media that's putting me off, it's our own fans. Most of you lot need to get your heads around the fact we're midtable and even a PL win like Leicester's wouldn't change that as it takes more than one title to change perception. In the time it would take to change perceptions we'd lose our players in the cyclical player power rotation again whilst appointing a new manager here and there. Even with the Moshiri money we're midtable and the league is so strong now that regular CL is pretty much impossible without serious money. All Moshiri does is keep us away from relegation and pushing for EL, with 7/8 other clubs. It's all bull****.

As much as Pellegrini isn't my first choice, I'd still be pretty damn happy with him, I know he's not had an amazing season, more so the end half as I personally thought City played pretty well early on. However I have to ask whether the latter half of the season was more down to lazy management and a "well f*#k you then" kind of attitude after being told he was being replaced by a shinier younger model that does freaky bedroom stuff.
I know if my missus told me she was going to dump me in a month for a younger better looking guy, but she's staying in the house since she's payed the months rent, I'd still smash, but I'd jizz in her eyes just to p1ss her off

A word from Koeman and this is only from external observation.

Whilst he has undoubtedly done a good job at Southampton do people not find his football very basic?

He always plays a big target man up front (Pelle or Long) and flanks them with quick wingers. Again it's the two defensive midfielders in place not offering much from the middle. He's great at organising a solid defence but I fear that from an attacking point of view we might not be up to much.

He was also one of the few managers in the league last season not to cause Martinez a problem. Most of the game at St Mary's involved their fullbacks hitting diagonals for Pelle to try and knock down to Tadic or Mane.

Didn't he beat Bayern when he had to to get out the group? Then got past PSG over two legs with good performances in both. Or are we not talking about them? Not talking about how he out thought Klopp in the league cup final (which they could have won by a mile if Sterling could finish). Also given no credit for finishing in the top 4 this season which Van Gaal Mourinho Hiddink and Klopp couldn't manage. It's not just City who have spent money.
Taking things a bit out of context there. I was commenting specifically on him being given a pass for playing defensively in a must score semi final game, and pointing out that when Moyes tried the same tactics he was torn a new one by all and sundry for being negative. If people weren't happy with us playing defensively with Stracqualursi, Gueye and Anichebe, I dread to think how they'd react if we had Aguero, Silva and Toure.

As I said, i'm not really commenting on his tactical nous, more that I think he would be a fairly uninspiring appointment. I feel like we need someone who's up for a 'project' and is going to push the club forward through sheer force of will. I'm not sure that someone approaching retirement age who is used to working with big budgets and big names is necessarily that man. That's just my opinion though, and I'd obviously back him if he ends up in the hotseat.

Hiya mate, stay positive ;)

You get what you deserve and the way a lot of our fans are these days, we deserve very little. They think they're funny, they're actually just ****'s. We'll end up with either a mid tier manager with ambition like Martinez again or someone after a paycheck, I really don't give a **** anymore. The way I'm starting to feel about Everton is the way I've felt about England for years now but unlike with England it's not the media that's putting me off, it's our own fans. Most of you lot need to get your heads around the fact we're midtable and even a PL win like Leicester's wouldn't change that as it takes more than one title to change perception. In the time it would take to change perceptions we'd lose our players in the cyclical player power rotation again whilst appointing a new manager here and there. Even with the Moshiri money we're midtable and the league is so strong now that regular CL is pretty much impossible without serious money. All Moshiri does is keep us away from relegation and pushing for EL, with 7/8 other clubs. It's all bull****.

Mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.