Next ten games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather look at the next 4 league games tbh.

Sunderland (h)
West Ham (a)
Villa (h)
Bournemouth (a)

Ideally we should be looking at 10 points out of 12 with possibly a draw at West Ham although I can see us only getting 8, with us drawing at Bournemouth also.

These next 4 games will give us a big indication of if we are to be top 7 or not this season.

FFS.

How has nobody picked up that we're at home to Stoke?

Stoke away is in Feb.
Do Newcastle on Boxing day not count either.

Better question.... OP do you support someone different? :lol:

Would rather look at the next 4 league games tbh.

Sunderland (h)
West Ham (a)
Villa (h)
Bournemouth (a)

Ideally we should be looking at 10 points out of 12 with possibly a draw at West Ham although I can see us only getting 8, with us drawing at Bournemouth also.

These next 4 games will give us a big indication of if we are to be top 7 or not this season.

A draw at Bournemouth, I hope not

The Sunderland match is huge.

We are a squad where confidence matters so much, more so than most. If we slip to a draw against them (or worse, the unthinkable), I could see us faltering for a few games. But if we go out and beat them down, say 3-0, 4-1, then I think we can get some momentum. I just hope Bobby plays to win these games instead of playing not to lose - we've shown time and time again this year our ability to score goals when needed. Let's go out there and win 4-3, 3-2 matches if we have to - we have the firepower and more so than these lot coming up.

All that said, given how the lads have fought in every match thus far (Man U aside), I'm looking at no less than 18 points through the Stoke match.

A man can dream, can't he?

I can't see any real difference in the performances this season to the ones from last season, Martinez's tactics are driving
lots of us to despair with the slow boring tippy tappy football reducing the crowd to silence, I was glad we won the other night but also relieved to get out of the ground, Norwich were by far the better team and deserved to win.

Not many players came through the match with any credit, only Mori. Robles and Dellefeu, when he came on, just not good enough and I can't see it getting any better under this stubborn manager who refuses to learn, then to find out straight after the game that Howard is playing against Sunderland was another kick in the teeth, getting really fed up with Everton
and The manager.

These are the fixtures that worry me more. We turn up for bigger games but with some (on paper) easier fixtures we look half the team. Still not that fussed about league position until after Christmas mind.

There's 9 games there, and the first Norwich game is the cup.

Out of the 8 league games we'll pick up 14/15 points. On schedule for the 60 points for the season I reckon we'll get.

Yep, after the early season promise, I reckon we will go on a run like last year, boring, uneventful football where we will win some, draw some oh and lose some, generally not the ones we expected either.

Great to get a win to kick this run off. No reason why we can't go and win at West Ham a ground we normally do well at. They will look to come onto us as well so hopefully our counterattacking can leave them reeling. Only takes a spell from Deulofeu or Lukaku to take the game away from these sides. Would be a massive boost going into Villa and Bournemouth with two wins in two games under our belt.

Result are unquestionably important, but so too is the performance.
We need to tighten up at the back and most of all for me, we need to keep the tempo up.
If we hadn't eased off two or three times yesterday, we could easily have scored eight - if there is one element that we lack, it's a killer instinct.
We really do need to consistently and emphatically put teams to the sword.

I dont see us slipping out of the top half too much this season and we'll do our usual strong finish in the second half of the season.

Top 7/8 on 60 points has been my prediction for a few weeks and I'd be surprised if it isn't those placings and a point or two out either side of 60.

A SF berth in one of the cups to go along with that and it's job done while we're in the rebuilding process.

We're nicely on course for both.

West Ham will be interesting to see how they set up!

Will they set up like they have against the bigger teams and sit deep and get a go for the counter (which has worked very well for them)
Or do they do what they have done against the lesser teams and come at us which will leave spaces at the back (which they have struggled with)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back