No Hunger in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrarian

Player Valuation: £50m
Has anyone seen that documentary? It's a fairly old one now, the premise is young Premier League footballers earning so much money that they don't have hunger to win silverware.

This that was a problem with youth is just a problem, those young kids are now in their prime and they're millionaires and most of them don't even have a runners up medal never mind a winners medal.

I feel players earn so much that the ones no who win stuff are the ones who have it between the ears to try and be the best. That Fulham result hurt, i felt bad for the club, embarrassed for the club and it wasn't a game in isolation there have been a lot of them.

Players earn more than their trophy cabinets suggest they should. I follow Everton because I love Everton FC. Why should we continue to put money through gates/shops/memberships etc when we are seeing nothi9ng in return and i mean nothing. We have got to a stage where the same teams win every competition. When I started watching football, teams like Dundee Utd or Red Star Belgrade had a chance in Europe.

Football needs to change because 99% of fans don't get value for money.

Sorry rant over, check out the documentary if you haven't already and how do people feel about players commitment these days?

I think the idea that you could be as good as you want to be if you just tried a bit harder is a myth peddled by tories to explain away why some people are living in poverty and others are rich beyond our wildest dreams. Rather than accept that society is inherently unfair they make you believe that the only thing stopping you from owning your own island in the Caribbean is your own idleness. It's an idea we've decided to adapt to football now.

I know it's not always popular to say it because some people want life to be like a motivational quote, but everyone has a ceiling. You can't just be the best footballer in the world because you want to be, the talent has to be there. Our squad has a decent amount of talent, but not so much that they can be expected to beat allcomers. There are very few players in our squad who I think could be playing for City, for example, if they just knuckled down a bit. The constant willingness to put every setback down to lack of effort or poor mentality really winds me up.

Has anyone seen that documentary? It's a fairly old one now, the premise is young Premier League footballers earning so much money that they don't have hunger to win silverware.

This that was a problem with youth is just a problem, those young kids are now in their prime and they're millionaires and most of them don't even have a runners up medal never mind a winners medal.

I feel players earn so much that the ones no who win stuff are the ones who have it between the ears to try and be the best. That Fulham result hurt, i felt bad for the club, embarrassed for the club and it wasn't a game in isolation there have been a lot of them.

Players earn more than their trophy cabinets suggest they should. I follow Everton because I love Everton FC. Why should we continue to put money through gates/shops/memberships etc when we are seeing nothi9ng in return and i mean nothing. We have got to a stage where the same teams win every competition. When I started watching football, teams like Dundee Utd or Red Star Belgrade had a chance in Europe.

Football needs to change because 99% of fans don't get value for money.

Sorry rant over, check out the documentary if you haven't already and how do people feel about players commitment these days?
@the sniderman right up your street thislol

I think the idea that you could be as good as you want to be if you just tried a bit harder is a myth peddled by tories to explain away why some people are living in poverty and others are rich beyond our wildest dreams. Rather than accept that society is inherently unfair they make you believe that the only thing stopping you from owning your own island in the Caribbean is your own idleness. It's an idea we've decided to adapt to football now.

I know it's not always popular to say it because some people want life to be like a motivational quote, but everyone has a ceiling. You can't just be the best footballer in the world because you want to be, the talent has to be there. Our squad has a decent amount of talent, but not so much that they can be expected to beat allcomers. There are very few players in our squad who I think could be playing for City, for example, if they just knuckled down a bit. The constant willingness to put every setback down to lack of effort or poor mentality really winds me up
so mentality has nothing to do with being at the top level. Those willing to go the extra mile to nurture their talent are just wasting their time are they because if they are good enough things will just happen. No mate, hard work and application is still a thing in even in football.

The fact the documentary was made years ago in the first place tells you it's a real thing. Hunger to succeed is a real thing, it separates those at the very top from the rest.

Strange to think otherwise really.

so mentality has nothing to do with being at the top level. Those willing to go the extra mile to nurture their talent are just wasting their time are they because if they are good enough things will just happen. No mate, hard work and application is still a thing in even in football.

The fact the documentary was made years ago in the first place tells you it's a real thing. Hunger to succeed is a real thing, it separates those at the very top from the rest.

Strange to think otherwise really.
That's absolutely nothing like what I said. Nothing at all. Maybe read it again.

this thread was brought to you with the letters d and a.
oscar-the-grouch.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.