No Prats in italy please

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TsarDiniyar

No prats in italy please...

every club has a a bunch of moron fans...i was at the villarreal game and aload of blues managed to bunk in and were sitting on the steps near an exit, the police were telling them to move, and a blue in front of me, who clearly had a seat and had nothin to do with what was happening just got up and for no reason went nuts shouting 'd'ya wanna go laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!' to all these police with batons and tha. i was so glad the police where to busy to be arsed wth him coz i was sure if they had reacted, like you see at foreign games, we would have been smashed with the batons as well....this is my little personal plea for all to be sensible in italy coz their police, as we know, dont need much excuse to start.

Judging from Italian fans, it appears there are more than a few prats in that country.

Some English fan gets up and starts singing? He gets beaten with batons.

Some Italian fans sneak a motorcycle into a stadium and launch it at opposing fans below them? No police to be found.

Judging from Italian fans, it appears there are more than a few prats in that country.
Some English fan gets up and starts singing? He gets beaten with batons.

Some Italian fans sneak a motorcycle into a stadium and launch it at opposing fans below them? No police to be found.

Yes there are indeed but there's no point in having a 'they're worse than us' debate - trying to reason that point with the cops will not help much on the night.
As we were waiting to get out of the stadium, I stood near some guys who were hell bent on winding up the police at Brann, I moved away after trying to get the main culprit to shut his mouth before we all got into bother. He was gobby, stupid, totally pissed and VERY rude. There was no need for it at all and only because the police were so patient did we get out of there unscathed.
You just won't get away with that sort of behaviour with the Italian police. If someone is stupid enough to go looking for trouble, then that's their problem but the good name of Everton FC is at stake. Do we really want to be viewed like the RS?
There are plonkers who follow every team and their are injustices in the way some ordinary fans are treated by the police in all countries but don't think for a second that the cops in Florence will be as nice as the one's in Germany and Norway.
Behave like a nob at your peril.

No prats in italy please...

every club has a a bunch of moron fans...i was at the villarreal game and aload of blues managed to bunk in and were sitting on the steps near an exit, the police were telling them to move, and a blue in front of me, who clearly had a seat and had nothin to do with what was happening just got up and for no reason went nuts shouting 'd'ya wanna go laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!' to all these police with batons and tha. i was so glad the police where to busy to be arsed wth him coz i was sure if they had reacted, like you see at foreign games, we would have been smashed with the batons as well....this is my little personal plea for all to be sensible in italy coz their police, as we know, dont need much excuse to start.

At the end of the day, you've defeated yourself. "no prats in italy please.." followed by, "every club has moron fans".
It's unavoidable.

Yeah its going to be a bit different to Nuremberg where the locals seemed pleased to see us, Bergen I think could have gone either way at one point.We dont tend to go with the club or other organised trips so theres usually at the most four of at any time, so you cant really act like a knob.On the whole though we have these types ofquestions before every euro away but the blues have on a whole well behaved of course this could change next week if it goes tits up because if provoked or harshly treated will all know the potential is there,especially if fans get attacked, but heres hoping.

Regarding tickets I got the call this afternoon

Behave like a nob at your peril.

Yes. But anti-social behaviour should be treated the same way without regard to nationality.

And what if the nobs are the police themselves? Where is the protection for English club fans when the police are the main hooligan element in the crowd?

These issues need to be addressed at some point. I agree with you that the golden rule should apply for every away fan. But it is a two-way street. The host countries should respect their visitors and enforce fair standards in the treatment of fans inside the ground regardless of where they reside and who they support.

Yes. But anti-social behaviour should be treated the same way without regard to nationality.

And what if the nobs are the police themselves? Where is the protection for English club fans when the police are the main hooligan element in the crowd?

These issues need to be addressed at some point. I agree with you that the golden rule should apply for every away fan. But it is a two-way street. The host countries should respect their visitors and enforce fair standards in the treatment of fans inside the ground regardless of where they reside and who they support.

Its Italy onslow, that is not going to happen no matter what. The less reason you give them the better it must be, it is their backyard so you can't win mate except on the pitch. As for the police the same thing goees, they win so end of

Its Italy onslow, that is not going to happen no matter what. The less reason you give them the better it must be, it is their backyard so you can't win mate except on the pitch. As for the police the same thing goees, they win so end of

It would happen if the governing bodies ever decided to judge these nations by the same high standard they apply to English football and their fans.

Monty: it just seems to me like English fans, regardless of how they behave, are receiving rotten treatment at these grounds. One fan says something the cops don't like, and all suffer for it.

It would happen if the governing bodies ever decided to judge these nations by the same high standard they apply to English football and their fans.

Monty: it just seems to me like English fans, regardless of how they behave, are receiving rotten treatment at these grounds. One fan says something the cops don't like, and all suffer for it.

I don't think that anyone is disagreeing with you that English fans are tarred with a brush that has never really recovered from Heysel and other unsavoury incidents over the years but the point I'm trying to make is that regardless of whether it's the police that are the nobs or the fans or the authorities, the issue won't be resolved in the short term and in that short term people will have to accept that if they go to a country like Italy as a football supporter, they MAY be treated in a way that we're not used to being treated in the UK. It may well be unfair and need sorting but if someone goes out there and pushes their luck behaviour wise, they could end up coming home with stitches in their head.
We will be visitors to their country and should abide by the rules and advice that are applicable to that country. We can't just export our own laws and culture just because there'll be 3,000 or 4,000 of us.
Anyway, I agree, it's not fair but so are lots of other things. I just want to go there, have a good time, watch the Blues win and come home again with the good name of Everton Fc intact.

this isn't the crusades

i am not 1 of the lucky ones to get a ticket and from the info that appears to have come out this afternoon i'm about as likely to get one as i am my missus present me with atomic kitten for sex on my birthday, but here's a message for anyone lucky enough to be going next thursday, I'LL GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINTIF YOU ARE UNABLE TO TOW THE LINE OR KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT AFTER A FEW BEERS THEN EITHER EXPECT TO COME BACK BATTERED AND BRUISED OR DO NOT GO, SELL YOUR TICKET TO ME !! I CAN BE THE GOBBIEST LITTLE [Poor language removed] ON THE PLANET BUT I'VE NEVER HAD A KICKING FOR IT, COS I KNOW WHEN TO KEEP IT SHUT, THIS A PLACE WHERE I WOULD BE DOING JUST THAT,CHEER ON THE LADS FOR SURE BUT DO NOT EXPECT TO GET AWAY WITH YOUR USUAL CRAPso if anyone with a ticket is of that type then don't go and sell your ticket to someone who won't let us all down, you can probably find someone in your local to give you a kicking for a lot less money.

p.s. if u do go and act like i've said then don't come on here whinging to all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back