Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Memories of Norwich away:
Top of the list clinching the league in 87, Madame Allezlesbleus 7 months pregnant standing on a seat celebrating at the end!!! My dad was shocked!!
Going on the first Blue Streak 1975-ish. No alcohol allowed on train so having to down two cans of cider at about 7.45 at Lime street!! I was not much of a drinker at the time so that as a shock to the system!! 6 hour journey there, 6 back, battered 4-2, Ted McDougal hat trick I think. Grrrr
Moyes era, narrow one nil win while on good run towards coming 4th. Fans singing we’re going to win the league!! No-one meant it but it was good to sing it!!!
Barkley’s excellent game in season opener and day shared with lovely Everton supporting Italian mates who had come across from Rome for the game.

And as for today… who knows. Anything less than a victory will be very bad news. Play like we did in parts v Arsenal, Utd away, bits at Leeds, Brighton away and we should be ok. Play like we did v Watford, Palace, Brentford, Brighton home, any of the cup games, first hour Burnley and it could be a shocker.
I will be optimistic until the evidence during the game is that we can’t win. Until then COYB!!!

Going to watch for 1st time in ages. With 2 Norwich fans and an Ipswich fan, in with the home supporters......should be a giggle either way ? coyb

A point is in no way good enough, if we're happy with that then we may as well resign ourselves to us fighting off relegation until the end of the season. We absolutely should be picking up 3 points here, with the way we're playing these are the only opportunities we'll get to push away from the teams below us.
We are fighting relegation.

I reckon we’ll go 1-0 down in the first 10mins.

Then chase the game and scrape a draw after Norwich miss a couple of sitters in injury time.

Nailed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.