Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

How can we possibly survive when we are paying so many underperforming players - and that's only the ones fit enough to get on the pitch.

To be honest we have won 4 out 5 games with one drawn when DCL, Richie and Mina were all playing .
And all of them missed the rest season with injuries.
Norwich hadn’t scored for over 500 mins , we got battered at home by Watford , we were well beaten by brighton and we’ve got one win since I had a t-shirt on at the match. We’re so bad its embarrassing

to be fair, both parties you reference there are absolute disasters. I have never disliked one of my supported teams more than I dislike this bunch of fannies. And the manager?...chocolate teapot level useless
I agree with your views, but only up to a certain point.
Most of these players are Internationals, but are being made to look Sunday league due to playing them out of position in a never ending succession of baffling formations and tactics.
If we highlight the ridiculous team selections and the un-believable selection and timing of substitutions, it is little wonder most players seem inept.
These players are being set up to fail. In front of thousands, Very often on Worldwide TV. I wonder how many of us could function under such scrutiny.
Talk of them being able to cope because they are professionals has, in fact, the opposite effect. Being professionals means they want to show their value. These professionals are being hung out to dry by an ego maniac and an obtuse control freak. Heads are bound to drop.
So, like yourself, I too dislike many of our players, but I think much of this dislike is being created by incredible mis-management by somebody whose better judgement of footballing affairs are, at best, archaic. At worst, chronic..
There again, ineptitude is, I am convinced, criteria enough for employment at senior level at our once great football club.

This last sentence is the part which saddens me most.

I agree with your views, but only up to a certain point.
Most of these players are Internationals, but are being made to look Sunday league due to playing them out of position in a never ending succession of baffling formations and tactics.
If we highlight the ridiculous team selections and the un-believable selection and timing of substitutions, it is little wonder most players seem inept.
These players are being set up to fail. In front of thousands, Very often on Worldwide TV. I wonder how many of us could function under such scrutiny.
Talk of them being able to cope because they are professionals has, in fact, the opposite effect. Being professionals means they want to show their value. These professionals are being hung out to dry by an ego maniac and an obtuse control freak. Heads are bound to drop.
So, like yourself, I too dislike many of our players, but I think much of this dislike is being created by incredible mis-management by somebody whose better judgement of footballing affairs are, at best, archaic. At worst, chronic..
There again, ineptitude is, I am convinced, criteria enough for employment at senior level at our once great football club.

This last sentence is the part which saddens me most.

In summary all this points to how come we lost Digne.

Status
Not open for further replies.