Not good enough: Verbeek takes aim at reckless tackles by Cahill, Grella

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggyRat

Player Valuation: £35m
Oh dear...Pim's taken aim at the chosen one.

http://www.theage.com.au/world-cup-...-cahill-grella-20100524-w89q.html?autostart=1

He's probably got a point though...

"In the World Cup that’s probably two red cards, so it’s a good lesson because I cannot accept this of course. The players know this is not the way they should play the game. You cannot afford to go into whatever game and make tackles like that. I cannot find any reason why you should do it.

"I am very disappointed in that. We are lucky that it happened today [in a friendly] but it should never happen again in the upcoming six weeks. The first one from Vince was worse than the second one from Timmy. I think Timmy was a little bit overexcited. They cannot do that any more."

act4-600x400.jpg

For the above picture he did not even recieve a yellow, for a chalenge later in the game he got a yellow but t could of been red.

Yes Billy, you are correct. That wasn't the tackle in question. I believe this was it.

764240-friendly-soccer.jpg

It is a sad day when Vince Grella is a star player for Australia.

Journalistic licence I'm sure...

McDonald's been dropped from the squad! He doesn't fit the lone striker role according to Pim & has yet to score in 16 appearances. Perhaps all true but gee, I don't know if I'd leave him behind...

McDonald's been dropped from the squad! He doesn't fit the lone striker role according to Pim & has yet to score in 16 appearances. Perhaps all true but gee, I don't know if I'd leave him behind...

Good he was making every fat with those big macs and french fries. Besides he really is only a goal poacher. We don't have any decent strikers. I honestly dont think we will win one game this time round. Maybe a draw against Ghana but that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.