not impressed with the new wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
have you seen where the 'big screens' are situated?

its a smaller capacity than the old stadium, its millions over budget and tickets are being sold in durations of 10 years.

only the english FA.

For future years the team qualifying for the cup final will get 329 tickets each unless the sponsor of the game wants more then it will be reduced. The old Wembly didn't hold enough when it took 100,000, this one is commercial nonsense:dodgy: :angry:

have you seen where the 'big screens' are situated?

its a smaller capacity than the old stadium, its millions over budget and tickets are being sold in durations of 10 years.

only the english FA.

Really? :blink:

Never knew that. FA for you though isnt it....

I thought it held 90,000 compared to the 80,000 in the old stadium? As a stadium I suspect it will be the best in the world, technically speaking at least, but the money would have been better spent on the youth academy the FA scrapped.

i was under the impression the old wembley seated just under 120,000 - i just read on wiki and it says 80,000 which is definatley not right.

Yes Bruce so why not cater for as many fans as possible at affordable prices, small capacity simply makes it that bit more exclusive:dodgy:

Yes Bruce so why not cater for as many fans as possible at affordable prices, small capacity simply makes it that bit more exclusive:dodgy:

Well you have to appreciate the restraints on builders of modern stadia. There are quite important guidelines in place in stadia design that ensure that every spectator in the facility is no more than x metres from the centre circle to ensure optimum viewing for all.

With these guidelines in mind, plus other standard requirements in seating and spectator comfort, it's widely regarded now that stadia will not be built with a capacity in excess of 100,000. As I said before, I believe Wembley will be the finest stadium in the world from a design point of view and they will have squeezed in as many seats as possible whilst maintainin the standards mentioned.

With regards to the pricing I think it's sadly inevitable that they will be high because of the huge cost of building the facility, plus of course the continued demand of football fans to attend matches.

The rights and wrongs of actually building the stadium in the first place are another debate. Personally I think it's crazy to have both Wembley and Twickenham in London, not to mention the new Olympic stadium and an international size venue at Old Trafford, but Wembley is built now and I think it will be a superb facility.

i agree that it is going to be the world's number one stadium. in the recent 442 mag it had a good article about wembley. it looks stunning. i guess the red seats are in reference to the national team!

with 90,000 seats i wonder what the allocation will be for each team at the cup final. i remember palace getting something silly like 18,000 a few years ago based on their average home attendance.

and remember bruce..twickenham is only for the egg chasers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back