Nothing Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerly manx toffee

Player Valuation: £60m
After 87 pages of Ba humbug, a few youth players being released and Vaughan moving to Norwich, I am waiting for something to happen. Not really to bothered about what, but seeing some activity would be soothing. Even Yak and Yobo havent formally departed (unless I missed it).

A few outs before a few ins would be good. Wonder if 1 July is important ? Do frees normally have to wait until then ?

Until then it's cricket, golf and tennis. Poor substitutes really.

Anyone else concerned about the lack of activity all round ?

Last edited:
Concerned?

Concerned? - Not really, it's like this every summer, you'll notice we start to indulge in the transfer market with around a week to go.

After Yak and Yobo are sold on there will be good players brought in, i'm confident of that. I think that one of those players will be N'zogbia, even though Donovan should be our top target.

I'm concerned I think we will be to slow for nzogbia and there will be alot of interest in him so we wnt get him also I think we will just end up with lower league players which is not good.

After Yak and Yobo are sold on there will be good players brought in, i'm confident of that. I think that one of those players will be N'zogbia, even though Donovan should be our top target.

As much as I liked Donovan, I'm inclined to disagree with that statement. Look at the two players side-by-side:

Fee - roughly the same for each player (around £6m-£10m)
Attributes - both are skillful, fast wingers

However, this is where I think N'Zogbia swings it...

Age- N'Zogbia is 25, Donovan is 29 meaning N'Zogbia has a) more years left in him; and b ) greater sell on potential
Position - Donovan would play on the right, where we already have Coleman. N'Zogbia would play on the left where we've struggled since losing Pienaar.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Donovan back at the Club, but given the reasons outlined above, I think N'Zogbia is the more viable option.

Last edited:
I share your concerns but I'd imagine we're trying to offload Yobo/Yak/other before we can bring people in. The sooner the better.

I just have no confidence with everton and transfers. The news in the echo over fellani ain't gud just got a bad feeling are signings will be Craig makil smith. Can't see any good strikers in are price range. It's depressing being an evertonian when transfer Market is open lol would love to be proved wrong though

We sell early and buy/loan late (if at all) to avoid paying summer month wages. This is the Everton Way.

Expect no incoming until mid-August.

Does it work like that?

Sadly it does.

Also, time to play hardball with Fener. If they want to send us a few derisory bids for Yobo, then it's time to tell Yobo that he can be prepared to report to Finch Farm for preseason preparations.

They need close to 5M-6M for him. Not the 2M that's been reported as their recent bids. That's just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back